QA Engineer 4 (Manual & Auto)
12-24 month contract
The Missionary Work portfolio is looking for a talented Quality Assurance Engineer contract workerto join theMissionary Marketing Automationteam. TheMissionary Marketing Automationteam manages and customizes tools that help the Missionary Department spread awareness of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the teachings of the gospel. The contract worker will manually test APIs using Postman and other related tools and write significant areas of API automation. The Missionary Work portfolio in ICS provides a wide range of applications that support missionary work throughout the world. We work in a fast-paced, agile, cutting-edge work environment.
This is a contract position thatis responsible for testing products, applications and solutions, and reviews progress with management. This individual conducts a wide range of quality control tests and analyses to ensure that software meets or exceeds specified standards and end-user requirements. They understand and communicate the non-functional requirements which are necessary for successful product operation. This role consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues. This individual also makes recommendations for new procedures and acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
- Primarily, writes significant areas of test automation code to validate marketing automation APIs
- Manually tests APIs using Postman and other related tools
- Drafts, revises and approves test plans and scripts to ensure alignment with standards and IT strategy
- Manages defect management systems. Understands impacts of defects across multiple systems. Prioritizes defects accurately
- Creates test data files with valid and invalid records to thoroughly test program logic and verify system flow
- Ensures that system tests are successfully completed and documented, and all problems are solved using a Continuous Delivery model
- Drives the creation, maintenance and use of test case management tools and security testing tools within a project group, interprets results and implements changes. Provides the integrated reporting of automated test case run results.
- Creates and communicates testing procedures and expectations related to metric reporting across multiple teams and stakeholders. Implements test procedure based on identified risks
- Drives the creation, maintenance and use of tools within a project group and implements changes that support changes in system performance management
- Manages all aspects of quality assurance involvement in the release process, including expectations around reports, regression execution, communication, impact assessments etc.
- Assess risk, identify service and system dependencies, and test for robustness and functionality
- Ensure regression test plans are implemented and maintained
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent professional experience
- 8 years of relevant experience
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with testing APIs and services using automation
- Proven Experience in developing and testing enterprise level applications strongly preferred
- Experience with major products
- Experience testing cloud-based applications in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery in a service-oriented architecture preferred
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Track record of isolating difficult issues at the subsystem or project level
- Experience with the full product release cycle on multiple successful software projects
- Verifiable knowledge of the applicable technical systems and functions
- Experience in testing products in an Agile development life cycle
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com