● Architects, designs, configures, implements, diagnoses, repairs, upgrades, and optimizes applications that support the agency’s clients, employees and overall mission.
● Anticipates the impact new or modified software and tools will have on existing systems.
● Participates in the design and implementation of systems that meet user needs.
● Monitors and evaluates operations, programs, processes and/or practices for quality and effectiveness; makes recommendations for improvement.
● Adapts automated system(s) to accommodate special agency needs; designs or enhances agency unique automated systems to interface with existing systems as needed; prepares systems for migration to the cloud.
● Identifies problems or potential problem areas and recommends solutions.
● Aids other development staff in trouble shooting and answering technical questions
Other related duties may include State of Utah proprietary/3rd party vendor systems integration, inbound/outbound web services, technical support, technology consulting, data administration, application review services, and/or web application development.
Skills assessment in: “Java Language Fundamentals” and “AWS Applications Development”
●Skill in designing and building customer-facing web applications
●Problem analysis and solving skills
●Experience with Service Oriented Architecture & creating API’s using REST and SOAP
●Understanding of security principles related to access, roles, groups, and permissions
●Experience in Core Java, JEE framework
●Experience in using Spring Framework/Spring Boot/Spring Security is preferred
●Experience and/or exposure to JPA or Hibernate
●Experience with Eclipse or Eclipse based IDEs
●Experience with AWS technologies, API Gateway, Elastic Beanstalk, Logging, Cloudformation a plus
●Test software using appropriate methodology and techniques
●Understanding of database/data relationship fundamentals, SQL experience a plus
●Deal with people in a manner which shows sensitivity, tact, and professionalism
●Plan, organize and prioritize time and workload in order to accomplish tasks and meet deadlines
●Communicate information and ideas clearly, and concisely, in writing; read and understand information presented in writing
●Experience with CI/CD
●Experience in GitHub
●Experience with Containerization (Example: Docker)
●Experience with OAth2
Candidates will be scored based on the following criteria:
25% Java/JEE Experience
25% SOAP/REST Experience
15% AWS Technologies Experience
5% OAUth2 Experience