The Regional Vice President of Professional Services will lead a team of approximately 10 consultants and project managers and will oversee the execution of the projects in which they are involved. This VP is responsible for overall customer relationship management and delivery excellence for a portfolio of Enterprise customers and projects of various sizes and complexity.
This role is not about building a P&L; instead, it’s about delivering customer value to ensure renewals, and to ensure consistency and quality in our project execution. This is a hands-on role that requires a strong leader to lead from the front.
This role reports into the Senior Vice President of Professional Services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Services Management
- Lead hiring, coaching, and employee development
- Manage resource allocations
- Manage key KPIs including customer satisfaction, administrative compliance, and best practices adherence
- Provide continuous feedback to employees
- Set high expectations and standards for delivery excellence within the team, to ensure customer adoption of company’s products
- Contribute to improvement of standardized but agile delivery models that are efficient, effective and scalable
- Strategize with clients to define project goals and outcomes
- Customer Management
- Take ownership of accounts while implementing in the region
- Build relationships with key customer executive sponsors
- Manage project escalations
- Support project teams to ensure appropriate risk mitigation
- Participate in projects and customer meetings where leadership is needed to move the project forward
- Corporate Responsibilities
- Support and implement inter-departmental and corporate initiatives
- Oversee seamless hand-offs from Sales and to Customer Success
- Collaborate with other regional PS VPs, and other departmental leads, to ensure continuous improvement
- Services Sales
- Collaborate with Sales team to scope and create Statements of Work
- Participate in customer prospect meetings to discuss implementation approach, timeline, and methodology
- Set appropriate expectations with customers and help frame a successful execution plan in coordination with sales and solution architects
- At least 5 years’ experience in a leadership role within a delivery-focused software organization, including people management.
- Services sales / SOW experience.
- Experience managing multiple projects and customers across a team of consultants and project managers, some matrixed.
- Experience growing a team in an agile environment with multiple product lines.
- Experience leading teams to execute best practices and achieve adoption and consistency across the team, while allowing individuals to adjust to their specific customer needs.
- Ability to “roll up your sleeves” and engage in projects when needed; knowing when to engage and when to delegate to the team.
- Proven ability to work across departments to lead corporate and process improvement initiatives
- Competency in employee engagement, development, and coaching
- Ability to travel approximately 30%
- Experience in the HRIS / Recruiting industry a plus