Sarstedt, Inc., a leading manufacturer and distributor of laboratory consumables, medical devices and instruments, is looking for a Territory Manager. The Territory Manager will be responsible for increasing sales of Sarstedt, Inc. products in the assigned territory and in ac cordance with sound business practices, by abiding with all corporate policies, and through proper communication with Customer Relations, Marketing, and Customer Service Departments. The company offers a competitive salary and benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, short/long term disability, 401(k), and life insurance. This position will be based in the Salt Lake City area and will work from home.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for developing sales with existing and potential customers in the assigned territory.
· Follows-up on telesales efforts, prospecting for new business opportunities and strengthening existing customer relationships.
· Travels throughout assigned territory to call on existing and prospective customers.
· Coordinates, plans, directs, and manages all aspects of assigned accounts, including development of business plans, price proposals, and analysis of individual customer sales.
· Displays or demonstrates product to customers using samples or catalog.
· Maintains current record of business activities and customer correspondence utilizing the CRM system.
· Records new customer data and other sales data for current customer, providing account status updates to the Sales Manager as requested.
· Supports customers located in assigned vacant Account Manager territories.
· Attends national and regional trade shows as directed.
· Responsible for achieving territory sales performance goals and the overall Company's sales goals as determined by management.
· This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
· Bachelor's degree in Biology or related Science field from a four-year college or university preferred; and one to two years related sales experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Research laboratory, clinical background, and/or prior sales experience preferred.
· Ability to read, analyze, and interpret sales reports, graphs, and data.
· Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
· Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, employees, and the general public.
· Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheet software; Microsoft Word Processing software and Microsoft Access Database software. Prior CRM experience preferred.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
· The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms.
· The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· This job requires up to 70% national travel and the ability to operate a motor vehicle.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles in a laboratory setting. The employee may be exposed to Bloodborne Pathogens and will require training on preventative measures. The employee must also be able to obtain immunization records and maintain compliancy with all vendor requirements.
· The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
SARSTEDT, Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 828-465-4000. SARSTEDT, Inc. is a VEVRAA federal contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans. SARSTEDT, Inc. participates in E-Verify