Provide mid level Document Management support through adherence to regulatory guidance applicable to records management, document control or other business processes. Perform pre-processing administrative review of documents to ascertain compliance with governing procedures and guidelines. Maintain electronic index of site specific documents (e.g., vendor documents, design documents, procedures, etc. including changes thereto.) Convert documents to specified file formats. Electronically merge or modify documents as required. Distribute project documents in accordance with established distribution lists. Provide assistance to users in support of retrieval of information. Ensure security and preservation of controlled data, documents and records. Provide notification to potentially impacted organizations when specific documents are updated or when required document reviews are due. Perform other duties commensurate with functional level and responsibilities.
- Expands knowledge of commonly-used practices and procedures related to the document management field.
- Strictly adheres to state and federal regulations governing the utility industry/business processes.
- Reviews incoming documents to identify applicable governing procedures and guidelines.
- Applies governing procedures and guideline instructions to complete proper document processing.
- Enters data from standardized and non-standardized source documents into document or information repository.
- Assigns document numbers and maintains work tracking database.
- Provides documents to appropriate users in accordance with established priorities and applicable effective dates and times.
- Receives and reviews information/updates associated with existing documents and takes appropriate actions to update associated data attributes within the document repository.
- Applies human performance tools to ensure accuracy and completeness of assigned tasks.
- Processes proprietary/confidential/copyright information according to established policies.
- Compiles vendor information to create installation and maintenance manuals.
- Understands and complies with regulatory requirements associated with protection of classified document types (e.g., Safeguards Information).
- Generates standard reports for internal and external use.
- Creates project documents and document changes in accordance with policies and procedures applicable to the document type.
- Receives and responds to information requests from internal and external sources.
- Provides first line customer support including email, telephone and one-on-one.
- May be assigned to assess internal organization, system, and process compliance with established procedures and instructions and overall effectiveness of the implementation.
- Maintains recipient lists to ensure manual or electronic notifications are issued in accordance with procedures.
- Performs distribution in accordance with established distribution lists.
- Maintains document libraries.
- Maintains key working files critical to plant operations.
- Maintains database supporting configuration control of plant design.
- May be assigned to administer industry vendor equipment technical information requirements.
- Perform on-going business process reviews to identify process improvements or reduction in project costs.
- Provide input to ensure internal procedures and guidelines are maintained current.
- Typically represents 2 - 10 years relevant experience.
- Works on straightforward tasks using established procedures.
- Works with moderate supervision/guidance.
- Accountable for individual results and impact on team.
- Expands knowledge and skills in basic practices and procedures within own area.
- Applies acquired technical skills and knowledge to complete assigned work.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Understands customer needs and identifies solutions to nonstandard requests.
- Solves problems using standard procedures; seeks guidance on issues outside assigned area.
- Completes work assignments independently or with moderate supervision/guidance.
- Manages own time to meet objectives.
- Works with others to achieve team goals.
HKA Enterprises is a global workforce solutions firm. If you're seeking a new career opportunity or project experience, our recruiters will work to understand your qualifications, experience, and personal goals. At HKA, we recognize the importance of matching employee goals with those of the employer. We strive to seek credibility, satisfaction, and endorsement from all of our applicants. We invite you to take time and search for your next career experience with us! HKA is an EEO Employer who participates in the US Citizenship and Immigration Services E-Verify Program.