What does it mean to be a Homie? Being a Homie means compassionately looking out for others, doing the right thing even if it’s the hard thing, and showing up as your true, authentic self. At Homie, we’re a friendly group of curious dreamers and expert operators who believe the status ain’t quo. For too long, the way homes have been bought and sold has been outdated, costly, and overcomplicated. We’re here to change that. Through a combination of technology and expert, full-service agent support, Homie is simplifying the real estate process and eliminating high fees and commissions.
Homie launched in 2015. Five years later, we're one of the fastest-growing technology companies in the country and the #1 listings brokerage in the great state of Utah. With real estate, home loans, and insurance services under one roof, Homie is disrupting an industry and paving the way for what real estate can, and should, become. We’re on a mission to make homeownership affordable, easy, and accessible for all — and we’re just getting started.
Disruption: Real estate is ready. The time is now.
Loyalty: Homies come first — our customers, team members, and communities.
Balance: Work is an important part of your life, but it’s not your life.
Humility: Grateful isn’t dead. And there’s always more to learn.
The HR Administrator performs a wide range of human resources functions and plays a key role in helping the HR team and organizational functions run smoothly.
This role will help with the administration of company policies, evaluating employee relations, data management, and human resources management, alongside the HR Team.
- Organizing and maintaining personnel records, entering data into ADP, and updating any previous employees’ data.
- Prepare various HR documents, including new hire guides, employment contracts, compensation lists, and more.
- Assist in answering employee queries about people or HR-related issues, and help them resolve.
- Create regular presentations and reports on HR metrics, such as turnover rates, retention rates, and more.
- Help the payroll department by providing them data as needed.
- Help manage and run the HRIS software of the organization (ADP), and make sure it’s updated.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment and benefits laws and regulations; preparation of required reports and audits (ex: Workers Compensation, EEOC, etc) as needed
- Administer FMLA/LOA process including documentation, notification, tracking, and follow-up
- Communicate data-backed trends to management and provide to executive leadership on changes as needed.
- Assessment and interpretation of company programs, policies & procedures, as well as recommending new approaches to continually improve and scale
- Assist with planning and execution of company events
- Supporting HR-related training programs, workshops and seminars
- Entering employee data into computer database
- A bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management (HRM) or equivalent work experience (3-4 years). SHRM or PHR certification a plus, but not required
- Knowledge of standard HR business practices; local, state and federal labor laws; DOL regulations (including FLSA, EEO, FMLA, etc)
- Experience with ADP WorkforceNow a plus
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, with the ability to prioritize certain tasks and projects appropriately
- Great communication skills, along with complete knowledge of how to communicate through phone, email, internal memos, and more
- Complete knowledge of HR processes, and recordkeeping
- Ability to work as a team member, assisting other HR personnel with their tasks
- Great problem-solving and analytical skills to manage daily administrative tasks
- Strong interpersonal skills to build partnerships & credibility quickly
- Extremely proficient with G Suite products; experience with Microsoft Excel
What you’ll love about working at Homie
- Holidays: 13 paid holidays, including our very own - Homie Day! Oh, and you get your birthday off!
- 401K retirement savings plan
- Time off: To begin you will receive a week of separated sick time and starting PTO at 3 weeks per year (accrual), with an increase each service year
- Mental health is very important to us! We have online assistance programs that include things such as virtual yoga, meditation, and even the ability to book virtual counseling
- Health benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision with an HSA option. Life and Disability coverage
- Company stock options
- Discounted rates on Homie products: Title, Mortgage, Insurance, or new home purchase
More About Homie
Homie’s Marketing Engine engages interested customers so all our professionals spend ALL of their time doing one thing - helping the customer. No prospecting, no schmoozing, and no back-scratching. Our success in Utah has led to expansions in Arizona (2019), Nevada (2020), Idaho (2020), and Colorado (2020). Our ambitions certainly don't stop here; join our team as we continue to disrupt the home-buying experience and change the real estate industry nationwide!
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunities to excel.