One of the fastest-growing companies in Utah, BrainStorm (www.brainstorminc.com) is a B2B SaaS company that drives digital adoption and organizational change for outstanding companies around the world, including PepsiCo, American Express, MasterCard International Inc., Discover Financial Services, Merck Company, and more.
BrainStorm has an energetic, fun-loving, yet hard-driving culture. On this high-tech, high-growth A-team, every employee runs with the ball and directly contributes to its success. Once we walk through the door, it’s definitely ‘Go Time’.
The Product Marketing Manager is responsible for communicating product roadmap and timeline to external and internal audiences, developing product-related naming, messaging, assets, and tools, and coordinating go-to-market strategy, product training, and other connections between BrainStorm’s product and sales/marketing teams. If that sounds like a crucial job, you’re right. This individual will serve as a primary point of contact on behalf of product with cross-functional teams including sales operations and sales enablement, product management, and the external business development, sales, and client success teams. This role will report to the VP of Marketing, with a dotted line relationship to the VP of Product Management.
- High-profile, high-trust role connecting BrainStorm’s product and marketing functions. Insert metaphor about bridges and silos.
- Driver of voice-of-customer efforts, regularly providing quantitative and qualitative feedback from clients, prospects, partners, and other external stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented management of product marketing initiatives and cross-funtional collaborative projects. If you’re so detail-oriented, did you notice that misspelling?
- Nurture cross-functional relationships within BrainStorm’s culture of kindness, courtesy, and respect, with a healthy dose of self-effacing sense of humor. Best not take yourself too seriously.
- Experience previously managing product marketing projects, including delivering messaging and assets via websites, digital mediums, and reports/dashboards.
- Development and management of processes and tools to plan, review and execute work effectively. Support fruitful collaboration and approvals across the cross-functional team.
- Project management expertise with proven ability to manage budgets, timelines, and internal and external resources
- Ability to distill and tailor complex information for key audiences – both internal and external
- Skilled at managing internal stakeholders and creating alignment in strategy and direction, ensuring quality, clarity, and consistency with business goals
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and manage multiple projects, often on short deadlines and under pressure.
- 5-7 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 3-4 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. MBA)
- Track record of successes (and even some failures!) within B2B software product marketing
- Reliable driver of initiatives in a hyper-growth environment, with proven ability to work and think with scale in mind
- Agility to shift priorities and direction to align with rapidly changing market conditions
- Strong storyteller in all media, with attention to detail and a keen sense of creativity
- Presentation-building skills. Don’t let your slides show up on our wall of shame.
- Doesn’t miss a beat with changing asks and balancing multiple projects.
- Highly organized with a passion for crafting and improving processes
- Experienced in collaborating across functional areas, empathetic to others’ needs. Finger-pointing discouraged. Yes, I’m pointing at you.
- 3+ years of progressive product marketing experience.
BrainStorm provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassments of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gander identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.