Zonos is seeking an experienced Vice President of Finance to join our executive team to support high-level decision making and develop strategies for long term growth, financial insight, and analytics.
The right candidate will work seamlessly across the entire business and be able to provide guidance for short- and long-term financial goals, while also tracking performance through key financial analysis. The ideal candidate will also have relevant industry experience and a proven track record of leading and developing finance teams in rapid-growth environments.
This role will add significant value across the entire organization by continuing to develop a stable foundation for growth as we expand both domestically and internationally.
What you will do...
- Report to the CEO and executive team on all financial-related projects and responsibilities.
- Be responsible for the financial reporting and analysis used by the executive team.
- Be responsible for developing the overall financial policies for the company.
- Provide strategic direction of all financial functions, including accounting, credit, insurance, tax, and treasury.
- Ensure that proper financial controls are in place and that financial transactions support the overall business strategy while conforming with applicable laws and regulations.
- Develop the company’s financial forecasts and budgets and track departmental performance.
- Build strong relationships across the entire company and provide valuable insights to help our department heads focus on the most important activities which support the company’s overall goals.
- Manage and mentor an experienced accounting team to help them reach their full potential as career advancement opportunities become available.
- Oversee the month-end close process and perform analytical review of results.
- Manage the annual financial statement audit and year end tax return preparation with our external audit and tax partners.
- Work with various accounting, finance, tax, and other outside consultants on ad hoc projects.
- Be responsible for cash management and cash flow forecasting.
- Critically evaluate and overhaul our current processes and systems to drive efficiencies and improve team performance.
- Build & Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement.
- And more!
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance (MAcc or MBA preferred)
- Licensed CPA preferred
- SaaS business model accounting experience
- Fluent with GAAP and revenue recognition standards
- Excellent computer and analytical skills, and comfortable with complex data
- Experience in leading , educating and directing team members in a rapidly-changing business environment
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills
- Financial audit experience
- Financial planning and analysis (FP&A) experience
- Easy-going, flexible attitude that thrives under pressure and is energized by taking on complex challenges
You could be a strong addition to the team if you...
- Want to live in sunny St George and enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
- Tend to be Analytical | Data-Driven | Motivated | Self-Starter.
- Work collaboratively & are a team-oriented leader who is comfortable leading cross-functional projects.
- Enjoy “getting your hands dirty” by digging into complex operational problems.
- Are agile & able to think on your feet in a dynamic environment.
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Accident, & Life - we pay 100% of the employee premium!
- Employer-paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid leave for maternity, paternity, and other life events
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k retirement plan with generous company match
- Flexible paid time off - we require all our Zonuts to take a minimum of 2 weeks off per year. Take some time to relax!
- All of the office snacks and drinks you could possibly consume
- Weekly company lunch
Life at Zonos
Welcome to Southern Utah where the sun is shining 255 days out of the year, palm trees are swaying in the breeze, and adventure and exploration await! Neighboring the stunning Zion National Park, Southern Utah is known for its outdoor recreation. Explore endless options for biking and hiking trails all over town, enjoy watersports, boating, and fishing at Sand Hollow State Park, and when you need to get away, we are only a short hour and a half drive to the entertainment and fun of Las Vegas.
As a Zonut you’ll be able to take in the gorgeous view of St. George from Tech Ridge, a rapidly growing epicenter for tech, retail, and dining here in Southern Utah. As an organization, we are always striving to be a great company, not just a big company. We are constantly cultivating an environment of collaboration and teamwork, where our API’s and core values are the living, breathing heartbeat of everything we do.
Here at Zonos we are committed to cultivating a team of ambitious and innovative people who are hungry and willing to stretch and grow. International trade is complicated and working at a growing cloud technology company is hard, but we are here to support your learning and development. For these reasons, if you are uncertain about applying, we encourage you to do so even if your experience doesn't exactly match the job description. We welcome diverse perspectives from people who think outside the box and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions. Come join us!
Learn more about Zonos, our mission, and the type of company we are building.