Role/Title FPGA Design Engineer - DSP
Location Salt Lake City, UT, 84108
Duration 06 Months
- Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) design engineer with industry experience in digital communications, modems, and/or digital signal processing (DSP). Areas of desired experience or education include:
- Digital filters
- Forward Error Correction (FEC)
- FPGA verification through simulation and unit testing.
- Experience in either VHDL (preferred) or Verilog development languages.
- Experience implementing complex modem and/or DSP circuits in programmable logic using FPGA devices.
- Equivalent experience in ASIC design is also applicable.
- Experience implementing industry standard interfaces (e.g. 10/100/1000 Ethernet, SPI, UART, SDRAM, DDR3, JESD, PCIe, Ethernet).
- Experience in simulation, synthesis, and placement software tools such as ModelSim, Synplicity, Xilinx Vivado / ISE and/or Altera Quartus development tool sets.
- Experience in laboratory debug techniques using digital scopes, logic analyzers, BERTS, and other complex measurement devices.
- FPGA Design using High-speed serial interfaces (3+ Gbps)
- Familiarity with code revision management tools such as Git/Clearcase.
- Familiarity with C/C++/C# and Matlab/Simulink.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s (Master’s preferred) degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
- GPA of 3.0 or greater (3.5 preferred)
- 6+ years FPGA design experience on Digital Signal Processing designs.