Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
A healthy heart is essential to good health. That's why we're committed to advancing treatments for people with cardiovascular disease. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, our breakthrough medical technologies help restore people's health so they can get back to living their best lives, faster. We focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Responsible for helping lead our CRM strategy within an assigned territory to accomplish planned objectives as to sales volume, market penetration, and profitability. As team leader, coordinates the activities of Direct Sales Representatives, Clinical Specialists , and Interns to cover implants of Abbott CRM products. Fully accountable for all performance metrics of quality, cost and delivery. Responsible for leading, facilitating, and directing the activities of subordinates. Responsible for managing profitability and continuing to improve our operating expenses as a percentage of sales and increase our revenue per head. Territory Managers will also call on physicians, medical laboratories, hospitals and hospital management to sell a variety of Abbott USD medical devices in an assigned territory. May conduct marketing surveys, effectiveness reviews of calls/sales activities, and territory analysis. Services accounts, suggests and presents new products, and takes orders. Promotes the process of continuous quality improvement and coordinates solutions for technical and personnel issues. Exercises judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status. Uses best business practices to ensure success in areas of responsibility. Ensures employee compliance with Abbott USD policies and practices.
• Supervises sales representatives and directs overall selling activity within assigned territory.
• Coordinates implanting schedules for Direct Sales Representatives and Clinical Specialists assigned to the Territory Manager’s team.
• Contacts, visits and interests hospital management, physicians and others in the assigned territory influencing decisions on purchasing of the Company’s products and addresses any customer questions and concerns.
• Participates in the contracting process of company products.
• Provides medical professionals with information and training on the use of Company products and with staff education, in-services and technical troubleshooting.
• Insures that all pertinent patient information (Patient Registration Form) is completed and forwarded to patient tracking when required.
• Responsible for the management of physical inventory located within assigned territory.
• Collects and studies information about new and existing products and monitors competitor sales, prices and products.
• Analyses sales statistics; prepares reports; and performs required administrative sales duties, e.g., filing expense account reports, scheduling appointments, and making travel plans.
• May attend trade shows where new products and technologies are showcased and conferences to meet other sales representatives and clients and discuss new product developments.
• Prepares special analyses as required.
• May present bids and proposals to customers.
• Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise, regulatory requirements, as well as industry trends.
• Resolves and/or facilitates resolution of problems including identifying causes to prevent re-occurrence.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements.
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
• Performs other related duties and responsibilities, on occasion, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
A minimum of 5 years as a CRM sales representative required.
• A comprehensive understanding of cardiac rhythm management technology.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical field or equivalent and typically four plus years of progressively more responsible sales experience, including experience with medical devices.
• Prefer an advanced credential in a relevant discipline/concentration. Professional certification or designation.
• Working knowledge of domestic regulations relative to the medical device industry.
• A demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate technologically complex devices; ability to work with and direct others effectively; ability to prepare and present strong written and verbal communications; and familiarity with medical device industry policies, operations and procedures.
• Documented record of delivering sales/marketing information which adds value to management's decision making process.
• Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with customers, physicians, hospital administrators, government agencies, medical groups, and other sales representatives.
• Demonstrated verbal and written communication, negotiation, sales, interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.