Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Salt Lake City, UT (84116)
Job ID: #62872
12 month contract // W2 only
Must be US citizen and have ability to obtain a DOD Secret Clearance
We are currently seeking an Senior Software Engineer with a background and experience in embedded real-time software development. This position requires an individual to support existing, new and next generation military communications applications. An engineer in this position is responsible for leading projects, developing and managing schedules, providing responses to bid and proposals, deriving software requirements, adding features to current designs and creating the design and developing applications implementing these requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to lead projects
• Demonstrated presentation abilities
• Demonstrated ability to manage complicated development schedules
• Design and implement software for embedded devices and systems from requirements to production
• Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
• Review code and design documents
• Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
• Integrate and validate new product designs
• Provide production support
• Interface with hardware design and development
• Assess third party and open source software license documentation
• 10+ years of experience in embedded software engineering
• BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or EE with embedded software experience, or equivalency
• Ability to acquire a Secret Security Clearance is a plus.
• Experience with hands-on development and troubleshooting on embedded targets
• Must have solid presentation and writing skills
• Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review techniques
• Solid programming experience in C and C++.
• Proven experience in embedded systems design with preemptive, multitasking real-time operating systems
• Additional programming languages a plus
• Excellent knowledge of operating systems, VxWorks, Linux, GreenHills Integrity, Unix, Windows and/or other signal processing, control systems, digital video/audio, working knowledge of networking, TCP/IP/UDP, RS-485, RS-232, low-level driver development and/or 1553 protocol a plus.
• An understanding of Common Datalink Waveforms a plus
• Adequate ability of reading schematics a plus
Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the successful applicant's skills, education and experience.
Due to the nature of our work qualified candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.