Software Dev Engineer 5 (Backend Java) Remote
12-24 month contract
Lehi, Utah or Remote
This contract position is a master, professional role that requires vast knowledge of industry practices, and organizational policies. The role requires good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for designing, defining, developing, testing, purchasing, implementing, and analyzing technical products and systems of diverse scope. This position recommends system purchases for high value projects. This position is expected to assist in areas such as software development, project planning activities, work break-down of tasks, and engineering peer reviews. This position is responsible for technical expertise in architecture, design, implementation, software quality, and on-going engineering support of the organization's technology applications.
This individual works with divine guidance to provide or support technology that furthers the mission of the Church and reflects the eternal impact of the gospel.
- Support one or more teams in the design and development of assigned software development tasks
- Work with the technical lead in the establishment of architectures, standards, and best practices
- As a member of a software engineering team, participate in team meetings, team planning sessions, setting team goals, and all other team activities
- Estimate the time to develop and deliver features as defined by product management
- Participate in peer reviews of project software design and coding
- Develop source code and unit tests according to technical designs
- Be self-directed and provide support in the areas of Church software development processes, industry best practices, and new technologies being adopted for the organization
- Master's degree in related field or equivalent professional experience
- 8 years of industry recognized progressive and relevant professional experience
- 3 years of specialized experience in the technologies and methodologies of the product platform processes
- Prior experience working through the first and subsequent releases of several (3+) successful products, at least one of which must be a large-scale enterprise application
- SaaS/Cloud development preferably AWS
- Spring, Spring Boot
- SQL and NoSQL Databases
- Full Text Search Engines
- Message Queuing, Data Streaming services
- Solid understanding of XML, JSON, Etc.
- Ability to work well in an agile development environment
- Strong testing mindset, including unit testing and Test-Driven Development
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to create, communicate, and organize work toward accomplishing an overall technical vision
- Strong understanding of Agile Software Development methodologies and principles
- Ability to organize the work in defining logic and algorithms to create programming solutions and designing modules and implementing them within the overall architecture
- Significant engineering experience (multiple major releases) in the primary areas of an n-tier enterprise system, e.g. interface, domain logic and database layers.
- Expert-level skills in engineering/programming, analytical/diagnostic/troubleshooting, web technology, and programming methodology
- Able to architect entire systems and subsystems
- Familiarity with Cloud Based Platforms and services
- Exceptional understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery principles
- Extensive knowledge of applicable software, computer languages, and code to perform the responsibilities of the role
- Proven aptitude and willingness to learn new technologies and programming languages
Must be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and currently temple worthy.
Be a part of the ConsultNet difference. As a leading national provider of IT staffing and solutions, ConsultNet delivers exceptional services to startup, midmarket and Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Since 1996, we've partnered with clients to create rewarding opportunities for our consultants, successfully building teams that have surefire results.
In the past two years alone, we have placed more than 1,500 consultants in contract, contract-to-hire, or direct placement opportunities. We understand communication is key to finding the right job that matches your skills and career goals. For us, it's not just the work that we do; it's how we do the work. Our breadth of offerings extends to multiple IT positions in major markets throughout the country, see more at - www.consultnet.com