Technical Project Manager
Transfr is on a mission to create alternative pathways to career success. Our hands-on simulation-based training provides people with the skills they need to enter or reenter the workforce, enabling them to have a better quality of life. Our technology gives immersive training that the user absorbs much more readily than video tutorials, slide presentations, and other training methods.
We believe the future starts with innovative workplace training and hands-on skills development. We’re building bridges between schools, workplaces, and governments to make jobs more accessible and create a better tomorrow, today.
This is an exciting time! Demand for VR skills-based training has never been higher. Our startup is in hyper growth mode, scaling in every direction. We are looking for people that possess a true love for learning and have a burning desire to contribute to outcomes that change the world.
The Project Manager role at Transfr is passionate, versatile, driven, and enjoys collaborating with others to create game experiences working directly with internal and external teams. You work closely with a collaboration-oriented engineering team and have the opportunity to contribute in meaningful ways. You also work with our dedicated art and development teams to design and implement creative and technical solutions, provide expert knowledge to increase our software’s quality, and contribute to all phases of the VR development cycle. Your main KPIs are tied to tracking of projects, addressing and elevating challenges and ultimately on-time and on-budget completion of the projects.
Lastly, this role asks you to embody our 7 cultural values (Radical responsibility, teamwork, creativity, win-win mindset, personal growth, empathy, and humility).
- Plan the end-to-end delivery of assigned project(s) through collaborative planning efforts
- Facilitate requirements gathering and estimation process to align stakeholders on scope
- Ensure your project(s) assigned resources are efficiently utilized and aligns with plan and forecast
- Proactively identify and communicate potential risks, gaps, or timeline impacts to stakeholders
- Establish methods to measure and monitor the health, feasibility, and deliverability of assigned project(s)
- Monitor and raise awareness of all business commitments related to your assigned projects(s) or team(s)
- Solution towards project(s) cost optimizations and reduction of cycle times whenever possible
- Identify, communicate, and resolve dependencies across QA, Engineering, GTM, and Studio resources
- Manage external vendor relationships to ensure timely completion all assigned project(s) as necessary
- Maintain necessary project management source material repositories, documentation, and task databases
- Be familiar with project management related software tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Float, spreadsheets
- Maintain a general understanding of VR development and/or related software development processes
- Effectively drive all necessary meetings and various agile ceremonies (when applicable) to a conclusion
- Track time for assigned project(s) and allocated resources against project(s) budgets when applicable
- Provide weekly summary to stakeholders that details progress, risk, timelines, and dependencies
- 5+ years of experience in project management or similar project leadership roles.
- Advanced knowledge of Jira, Confluence, Monday.com, Figma, G-suite.
- At least one related project management certification (CSM, PMP, CAPM, ACP).
- Extensive knowledge of agile, waterfall, and hybrid methodologies.
- Demonstrable leadership of influencing process improvements for development teams.
- Strong communication and mediation skills, comfortable collaborating with and facilitating both highly technical and non-technical multi-discipline teams.
- Demonstrable experience, analyzing, forecasting, planning, and delivering all phases of complex software-based projects - maintaining a firm understanding of SDLC.
- High analytical with strong problem solving skills and intuition to “see around corners”.
- Experience working with Data Scientists, Researchers, and Instructional Designers.
What we offer
The base salary range for this position is expected to be between $120,000 and $150,000, with the actual base salary amount dependent on a number of factors, including but not limited to a candidate’s credentials, relevant experience, and primary job location. In addition to salary this role may be eligible for variable compensation and additional company benefits such as stock options, 401(k), paid vacation and sick time, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
If you're looking to make a big difference in the lives of others, we invite you to join us on our mission to make learning more intuitive by helping individuals develop the skills they need for career success. Be a part of creating pathways to prosperity by helping to develop training simulations to teach skills that lead to well-paying jobs, for all.
At Transfr, we embrace diversity because it breeds innovation. Transfr is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants, consultants, and employees, and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We know from experience and past hires that the best person for this role will likely not check every box listed here. We encourage you to apply, even if you don't believe you meet all the qualifications described!
Learn more at transfrinc.com