Sr. Product Manager, FinOps
Spiff (https://spiff.com), recently named one of the most innovative Fintech companies, is on a mission to inspire, enable, and reward peak business performance. Why? Commission plans are used by modern companies to reward and drive good behavior using more advanced rules or combinations of rules such as quota attainment, accelerators, and other types of variable earnings. Great Commission plans motivate Salespeople to sell more to the right companies. In order to help companies and reps to reach their full potential, we take the manual labor and complexity of current commission processes and completely automate them. Finance teams used to spend hours each month trying to prepare commissions, communicate them to their reps, deal with discrepancies, and then get those paid on time. Spiff automates that full process. We connect to the client's systems; CRM, ERP & Payroll to reduce the work and amount of errors. Spiff gives powerful, real-time data and insights to reps, managers, and executives about their commissions.
As a Sr. Product Manager, FinOps at Spiff, you will work closely with our co-founder and VP, Product to define the product vision, strategy and roadmap for our FinOps initiative and product expansion strategy. You will also partner closely with Design, Engineering and Customers to define and deliver product solutions, spearhead launch activities and drive adoption post launch.
This role is for Senior Product leaders who still love building innovative products as an individual contributor, with like-minded people. There is potential for future management opportunities based on performance.
Successful candidates should have a strong business & finance acumen, solid technical skills, the ability to develop empathy with customers and draw insights from it.
What you’ll contribute in this role…
- Manage the product roadmap and execution for our Commission Engine and FinOps products.
- Talk with customers and empathize with them to ensure we are building the right product.
- Focus relentlessly on improving our user experience by collaborating with Design to identify customer problems and deliver meaningful product solutions in partnership with Engineering.
- Conduct and gather extensive research about Low-code/No-code financial automation platforms as well as the commission space (trends, competitive analysis, intel, etc.).
- Work with the founders and leadership team to help determine our product expansion strategy.
- Coordinate the product development process with engineers and designers to ship high-quality experiences to our customers.
- Clearly define and communicate product requirements.
- Drive prioritization for new feature development.
- Help the team define and track key success metrics.
- Write stories, maintain a backlog of initiatives, and ensure deliverables are shipped according to the committed timeline.
- Work with the QA team to produce well defined acceptance criteria and tests.
- Mentor more junior PMs.
What experience you’ll bring to Spiff…
- BA/BS degree
- 3+ years experience as a Product Manager with technical and business background
- Good technical skills (understanding of common data structures, ETL processes, financial modeling and app development).
- General understanding of Enterprise data systems such as CRMs and ERPs.
- experience using spreadsheets for building models.
- Understanding of basic accounting/finance principles.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile development and engineering best practices.
- Highly analytical thinker with an innate ability to understand and navigate complex systems.
- Passion for well designed products. You have an eye for design and are eager to collaborate with designers to deliver the best possible user experience.
- Deep empathy for users. You love engaging with customers and stakeholders to find out their biggest pain points and champion their needs.
- Strong use of analytics, user research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products.
- Detail oriented: you must be able to notice small details and fit them within the larger picture.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to learn quickly, operate autonomously, and manage projects to delivery.
- Problem Solver: You’re a creative thinker who loves implementing simple and elegant solutions that solve real customer issues.
- Proficiency with Atlassian products like JIRA and Confluence, Pendo and Figma.
- General knowledge about Artificial Intelligence.
- Basic knowledge of SQL.
- Some coding experience either as a hobby or professionally.
- Professional experience in financial modeling.
- Background in enterprise software development or deployment.
- Past experience at a larger CRM or ERP company.
- PMP certified.
- At Spiff Inc. we are committed to equal pay and opportunities. In order to provide full transparency, the salary range for this position is USD 140,000 - 160,000 per annum for all candidates based in the US. This role is eligible for equity.
- If you are located outside of the US and would like to have visibility on the salary range valid in your location, it can be disclosed by your recruiter upon request.
- Spiff Inc. will consider internal equity, external market information and each candidate's prior experience, education, location, skills and aptitudes for the role they are applying for.
What types of perks and benefits we offer…
- Competitive Salary and Equity
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision coverage for you and your dependents
- Up to $1,200 a year towards your Health Savings Account
- Company-sponsored Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company-sponsored access to online counseling
- Flexible Time Off
- Flexible work hours
- Parental leave
- HQ in Salt Lake City ( enjoy biking and skiing when you come to visit! )
- Remote Friendly Company
At Spiff, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that reflects the ever-changing world around us. We strive for an equitable workplace where everyone feels welcome regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation; race or ethnicity; age; physical ability; socio-economic status; religious beliefs; political views or affiliations; or any other factor that can be used to make someone feel excluded from the workplace experience.
Our unwavering commitment to this mission is founded on the idea that varied perspectives drive innovation.
We know that fostering a diverse and inclusive team has a positive impact on our products and services, and helps us better serve our customers, employees, and community stakeholders. That's why we're building a culture where differences are celebrated and an environment where people from all backgrounds are treated with respect and given the freedom to be their authentic selves.