Senior Software Developer
Jolt is a dynamic and lean tech company headquartered in Utah. We are an industry leader providing digital tools for many businesses, including fast food restaurants, convenience stores, car washes, amusement parks, fun centers, and more. Our suite of products is designed to streamline business operations and enhance productivity. We take pride in being the preferred software provider for some of the most recognizable brands in the industry, including Chick-fil-A, Jack in the Box, Casey's Convenience Stores, Legoland, Caesars Entertainment, and many more.
You’ll be working with a powerful, enterprise ready software that can do a lot of things. With over 20,000+ users on the app, this product you’d be working with IS the heart of our revenue! Our company is seeing significant strides in growth with our customer base and if you hop on the Jolt rocket now, you will see your immediate impact and contribution firsthand- and be rewarded for it!
This is a front-end position on our web development team. You will be responsible for a variety of different projects in various languages and frameworks such as React, GraphQL and others. You will be building interfaces for new and existing products in the React framework for our web application. Jolt uses Docker, Kubernetes, and hosts in AWS. You will work in a collaborative team environment to develop and refine the Jolt Software for the end user. You will have autonomy in moving prototypes into production for all Jolt products.
Your role is essential for the growth of the Jolt platform! This is a great opportunity for you if you’re able to learn quickly and work in languages with which you may not already be familiar. Your creativity, diligence, and focus will enable you to be successful in this role. Your desire and determination to consistently take on new challenges will be imperative in becoming a contributing member of the development team. Some of your responsibilities will include the following:
- Collaborate with designers and back-end developers to translate wireframes and mockups into fully functional user interfaces.
- Write clean, efficient, and maintainable code while adhering to best practices and coding standards.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs and optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Conduct thorough testing and debugging of web applications to ensure high performance and cross-browser compatibility.
- Work closely with product managers and stakeholders to understand business requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Participate in code reviews, providing constructive feedback and ensuring the quality and consistency of the codebase.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including back-end developers, designers, and QA engineers, to deliver high-quality software products.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and advancements, sharing knowledge and insights with the team to foster innovation.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software development experience, with a strong focus on front-end web development.
- Ability to quickly ramp up on new skills and technologies
Jolt Technology Stack:
-Redux / redux-saga
-MySql / sqlite / Redshift
-Docker / Kubernetes
Benefits and Perks
- Equity in the form of stock options (1-year cliff, 5-year vesting)
- Unlimited PTO with 10 paid company holidays
- Monthly lifestyle benefits that can be personalized to reduce stress, give time back, impact your family, and spark joy.
- Employer HSA contribution
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchen, on-site gym, and weekly on-site lunches