As an expert in simplifying the complicated and organizing the chaotic, the Technical Writer will use their software knowledge and passion for writing to create, edit, format, and illustrate high-quality end-user documentation for all FairCom products and solutions.
When you join our team you will gain experience in the next phase of the Industrial Revolution, Industry 4.0! You will work with the world’s first converged IoT & IIoT hub, FairCom Edge, a solution providing real-time data and seamless integration for manufacturers across the globe, as well as our data modernization product, c-treeRTG, and our core product, FairCom DB, an advanced database engine focused on reliability and scalability. This role is a perfect mix of technical writing and documentation management with a trusted leader in database technology.
- Review, edit, and proofread materials written by developers and technical leadership.
- Effectively manage the Component Content Management System to enable reuse of content.
- Revise and improve published materials and current content.
- Publish various technical guides including tutorials, how-to’s, references, administration, etc.
- Collaborate with technical leadership, QA engineers, and developers.
- Quickly learn the technical aspects and gain in-depth knowledge of FairCom’s products and services.
- 3 or more years of experience in Technical Writing.
- A bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, English, and/or Communications OR applicable professional experience.
- Must have professional experience with Content Management Systems (CMS), preferably Paligo.
- Experience using an XML authoring tool
- 1+ years of experience writing documentation for DBMS environment.
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL Databases.
- Certification through the Society for Technical Communicators.
Learn more about FairCom’s perks, benefits, culture & this role at: https://www.faircom.com/company/careers
Your data - your way