At MarketDial we equip our clients with the easiest-to-use and most accurate solution to conduct offline A/B testing. In short, we provide our clients with the tools they need to set up statistically robust trials to test various initiatives across their business. This allows them to learn quickly and have greater confidence in the initiatives they ultimately decide to roll out - saving time, money, and energy. To date, our software has allowed our clients across the retail, grocery, c-store, restaurant, and manufacturing markets to make sophisticated multi-million dollar marketing, pricing, staffing, and operational decisions through offline A/B testing.
We pride ourselves on offering our clients unparalleled support to ensure their success with MarketDial. We are currently seeking a Data Scientist to uniquely support our clients in the U.S. and abroad.
This role has a variety of responsibilities spanning engagement with MarketDial users and senior executives/project sponsors. A sample of responsibilities include:
- Support users in end to end process of testing, from designing the ideal test to meet their business need, to understanding the business implications of the test outcome
- Analyze data and create novel analytical solutions to answer business questions
- Host regular training sessions to equip new users with the skills to effectively use MarketDial
- Research statistical/ML methodologies to solve client problems and develop the MarketDial product
- Engage key stakeholders to increase MarketDial awareness across business units, including promoting MarketDial at various business town halls
- Strategize with senior leaders to embed MarketDial into the broader testing governance/framework of their business
- Onboard new teams/brands through effective collaboration with project sponsors and technical stakeholders
- Effectively gather user feedback to understand opportunities to enhance our product, and work with the MarketDial leadership team to incorporate feedback into product development
- Produce high quality materials (powerpoint, etc.) to engage with clients (users and senior executives) on test outcomes and broader partnership objectives
The ideal candidate should:
- Be comfortable working and communicating with senior executives as well as business analysts
- Be knowledgeable in applying of statistical and ML methodologies using tools like Python to solve real-world problems
- Be able to work independently and drive projects with limited direction (be comfortable with being uncomfortable)
- Be open to travel as needed to meet client needs
Nice to have:
- A background in retail analytics or management consulting is preferred but not required
- Experience with/technical skills of Python, SQL, R, SAS, or the likes is highly desirable
- An advanced degree (Ph’D, Masters) in an analytical discipline is preferred but not required
- Adept with translating concepts and analytics into an effective presentation appropriate for various audiences
- Project management experience or skills highly desirable
Some of the benefits you will enjoy:
- Competitive pay and stock option grants.
- Annual company bonus
- 401K matching
- Fully-covered healthcare, as well as a company-funded HRA account to pay for all out of pocket costs.
- Unlimited vacation policy.
- Generous parental leave.
- Regular free meals.
- Fully stocked kitchen.
- Open, transparent office and culture.
- Continuing education/tuition reimbursement program.
- Transportation benefits and reimbursement program.
Data Scientist will be located in the Salt Lake City, Utah area and report to the Chief Data Scientist who sits in SLC.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: MarketDial requires its employees to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with MarketDial.