Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 12,000+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
We consider our New Products team to be a startup within a startup. We’re a small group of passionate frontend, backend, and iOS engineers working to bring the next pillar of the Verkada ecosystem to market. Every member has ownership and autonomy. We are building Verkada’s next $1B product!
What you’ll do
- Building the backend software that runs our new products
- Spin up new services in a microservices architecture
- Own the full engineering cycle end-to-end, including scoping, architecture, trade-offs, and implementation
- Engage with customers and work alongside Product and Design to build and ship our next generation of products
- Champion, role model, and embody Verkada’s cultural principles (ownership, integrity of the business and customers, persistence and grit in being a part of a fast-growing start-up, teamwork and Inclusivity, and excellent craft) as we scale and grow across new offices.
- Do whatever it takes to ship the product!
You’ll bring the following required skills and experiences
- Degree in Computer Science
- 4+ years of industry experience in backend software engineering.
- Experience working in an agile team software development environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment (< 10-person team).
- Comfortable with Python, API design, Postgres or MySQL, Distributed high concurrency key-value storage (Redis, DynamoDB), AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka
What we look for in candidates
- 10,000 hours: Programming is your passion and you’ve spent a lot of hours coding
- Excited to work hard and build new products in a fast-paced startup environment
- Passion for building products that are high-performance and delight users
- Track record of making exceptional technical and product contributions