Who We Are
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Designed with simplicity in mind, we currently offer five product lines (video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management), which provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Everything at Verkada begins with design. Every part of our product experience is carefully crafted to be simple, elegant, and powerful. As a UX designer, you will be responsible for delivering best-in-class responsive web and mobile tools (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, etc.) in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. You’ll work closely with engineers, designers, and product managers to build our software, from defining a product vision to tweaking pixels before each release.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, and product managers in a highly agile development environment with quick ideation and prototyping.
- Run inspiring and formal brainstorming sessions with engineers, product, and other designers.
- Help develop product strategies that deliver on customer needs and the company’s vision
- Build clear, concise, and intuitive UX/UI with everything from low-fidelity wireframes to pixel-perfect final designs.
- Mentor junior designers, providing constructive feedback and elevating their work to the highest standards.
- Serve as a project lead, co-owning the final product with engineering leads.
- Manage multiple projects and stakeholder relationships.
- Manage and maintain a project’s scope and schedule.
- Initiate and participate in user research as needed on key projects.
You’ll bring the following required skills and experiences
- Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent
- 6+ years of product/UX design experience
- Ability to think holistically and design cohesive end-to-end experiences
- Proven experience in creative problem solving by partnering with product, engineering, and other designers
- Responsive or mobile web design experience
- Ability to iterate and rapidly prototype ideas and concepts
- Experience using motion design to create micro-interactions
- Proficient in: Figma, Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite (PhotoShop, After Effects, and Illustrator)
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.