VIEW MORE DETAILS AND APPLY HERE. This position is with the Utah Department of Commerce, Division of Corporations and Commercial Code, posted by Tehra Gorski with DHRM.
We are seeking a talented, driven professional who is interested in blockchain and Web3 concepts. Join our team to be a part of a groundbreaking effort in the space of decentralized autonomous organizations.
We need someone to oversee the implementation of HB 357, which creates a new business form in Utah - the decentralized autonomous organization (“DAO”). DAOs provide a new way to do business, Utah is using a new approach to their creation, and this is a new position to the Division of Corporations and Commercial Code. In this position you will have the flexibility to shape this new registration program, and leave your mark on the industry.
This position offers medical, dental, and vision insurance from day 1, 12 paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, and so much more! After an initial in-person period, and if eligibility requirements are met, a hybrid telework schedule, up to 3 days per week, may be available.
A variety of professional backgrounds could give you the tools you need to succeed in this position. Relevant experience includes, but is not limited to:
- Experience and/or knowledge in the area of blockchain technology, Smart Contracts, and/or web3.
- Experience in project management and/or program management.
- Experience working to make government policy.
- A law degree or over 4 years of experience as a paralegal or law clerk.
- Experience drafting administrative rules.
In this position, you will be responsible for the division’s DAO registration program, including any technology projects connected to the program. Your duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Communicating with stakeholders in government and industry to identify needs and priorities;
- Participating in legislative work with division and department leadership;
- Serving as project manager for any projects involving DAOs, including the creation of a registration utility to verify the structure of a DAO;
- Acting as a subject matter expert in the area of DAOs for division and department staff, members of the public, and external stakeholders;
- Engaging in continuous learning in the area of DAOs and blockchain technology to maintain the division’s expertise;
- Developing and administering the division’s DAO registration program;
- Communicating with potential DAO registrants about requirements and processes;
- Administrative rulemaking;
- Determining industry standards;
- Keeping up to date with legislation in other jurisdictions concerning DAOs, including best practices used by those jurisdictions;
- Facilitating the use of data to improve existing programs and utilization of resources; and
- Interpreting, clarifying, explaining, and applying division policy and procedures, business practices, and laws and regulations, in the area of DAOs.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
Our model candidate will have:
- Competency in the area of blockchain technology, including a familiarity with Smart Contracts.
- A passion for innovation and new ideas.
- Dedication to exemplary customer service.
- The ability to effectively communicate with others.
- Functional self-management skills – Works with minimal supervision, manages own time effectively, maintains control over all current projects/responsibilities. Proactively follows up on all relevant issues.
- The ability to understand and draft recommended changes to rules, policies, statutes, etc.
- Relationship building skills – Demonstrates an ability to establish trust and create a sense of shared purpose across organizational boundaries, internal and external.