Our mission is to redefine the home experience through intelligently designed products and services delivered to every home by people who care.
WHO ARE WE:
Vivint is the leading provider of smart home services in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation, and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24-7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than one million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is the largest tech employer in Utah, a certified Great Place to Work, and one of Fast Company’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies
As an Information Systems Data Analyst, you will be interfacing with various functional groups to support data and reporting needs. The primary focus will be on developing and driving people analytics and linking them to business metrics and initiatives.
Working on the HR Team, you will help drive business user’s requests for timely, accurate, and reliable data and making sure the business units you support are leveraging correct data sources, appropriate business rules, and consistent calculations.
You will need to have expert knowledge about report writing, data models, and data visualization in order to optimize and drive business value from our data.
WHAT YOU WILL BE WORKING ON:
- Assist groups with requests for HR data and reports
- Support and partner with various business units to define data and reporting needs
- Maintain the HR data model to establish department standards, drive standardized data governance, definitions, and compliance
- Navigate and map unstructured data sources
- Automate data extraction from various systems and sources
- Become an expert of Vivint systems (Workday) and business processes to interpret and validate data, and to troubleshoot, discover, and analyze data discrepancies
- Perform data audits to validate large data sets for accuracy, integrity, and quality
- Provide training to report writers, analysts, BI technical teams and functional groups
- Develop process documentation, process maps, and technical specs for department data/processes
- Provide ad-hoc report and data requests while still providing long-term data strategy guidance
- Work closely with data engineering and data ops on data sourcing, definitions, and architecture
- Design and build impactful data analytic reports and visualizations
- Identify & help drive opportunities for advanced analytics (forecasting, machine learning, etc.)
- Provide support on the HR Information Systems team to support functional projects and systems
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH AND WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Must have a passion for data and desire to work with the HR function
- Experience creating Data Visualizations, Charts, and Reports
- Tableau dashboard report designer experience is a plus
- Skilled in data modeling, architecture, and relational databases, with Database & SQL experience
- Ability to navigate and map unstructured data
- 2+ years of data analytics experience
- 2+ years of data visualization experience (Workday, Excel, BI, Tableau preferred)
- Must have expert level skills in Excel to manage large datasets
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to initiate, drive, and manage projects with competing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively and build relationships with business leaders, IT, and BI data engineers
*Preference will be given to local candidates. Relocation assistance will not be provided with this position.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT WHAT IT'S LIKE TO WORK HERE: