Our mission is to redefine the home experience through intelligently designed products and services delivered to every home by people who care.
Who Are We:
·Vivint Smart Home is a leading smart home company in North America. Vivint delivers an integrated smart home system with in-home consultation, professional installation and support delivered by its Smart Home Pros, as well as 24-7 customer care and monitoring. Dedicated to redefining the home experience with intelligent products and services, Vivint serves more than 1.4 million customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. Vivint is on the Forbes 2018 list of “America’s Best Employers, as well as the Forbes 2019 list of “America’s Best Employers for Diversity.” The company is the largest tech employer in Utah, a certified Great Place to Work, and one of Fast Company’s World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies for 2017. For more information, visit www.vivint.com.
The Vivint Smart Properties team is seeking a QA Engineer to help us release quality software. This is a technical position where you have the opportunity to work with great technologies, collaborate with other engineers, and help ensure defect free deliveries.
About us: We are a small startup style team within Vivint where we are working hard to bring home automation to the Multi-Family environment. From making the Resident’s experience better to giving the Property manager the tools they need to manage their units, we are innovating and creating great solutions that will make our customers lives better.
- 2-3 years of experience with API testing
- Linux background (system level)
- Understanding of operating systems
- Basic Linux Shell Scripting experience
- Ability to debug system level issues
- Experienced with agile development methodologies
- Familiar with software testing principles
- Understanding of cloud computing and distributed systems
- Familiar with cloud deployment/monitoring tools
- Ability to make decisions and perform risk analysis to maximize coverage based on risk and time
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience writing test plans and test cases and have a quality mindset
- Well organized, creative, and detail-oriented, a self-starter who is capable of identifying problems, taking initiative to propose solutions, and successfully executing plans.
What is nice to have:
- Passionate about gadgets and smart devices
- Python experience
- Cloud performance/load testing experience
- Reliability testing experience
- Familiar with microservices and API contract testing
- Familiarity with networking and databases
- Some experience testing mobile apps
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science
- Go experience
- Free catered lunch/snacks/drinks; new menu daily
- Paid holidays and flexible paid time away
- Your choice between Mac or PC
- Employee pricing on smart home products
- Casual dress code
- Onsite gym
- Onsite health clinic
- Medical/dental/vision/life coverage
What We Stand For:
Honesty and Integrity Come First - Do the right thing
Customer Obsession is Our Advantage - A relentless passion to serve the customer
Innovation is Essential - Today’s innovation is tomorrow’s lifeblood
We Win Together - Individuals win games: teams win championships
Exceptional is Expected - Talk is cheap: create value, not just motion
We Give Back - Helping people is core to our DNA
Find out more about what it's like to work here:
Behind the big orange logo: an inside look at Vivint Smart Home
Why Vivint Smart Home is One of the Most Innovative Companies
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Vivint enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe working environment. Each new employee is responsible for completing all training requirements. Additionally, the employee must accept they have responsibility for maintaining the safety of themselves, their co-workers, and the public. Employee must adhere to all written and verbal instructions, promptly report and correct all hazards or unsafe conditions, question non-standard operations or unmitigated hazards, and provide feedback to management on all safety issues.