Our mission is simple: we want to set people free to do meaningful work. People love our software—and it turns out that people love working here, too. We've been recognized as a "Best Company to Work For” and we're proud of our team for receiving awards for workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
What You'll Do
As a Product Designer (UX Designer) at BambooHR, you will be responsible for designing the behavior (interaction design) and visual UI of new product features and improving the usability and design of existing products. You will also be responsible for gaining deep insight into our users' behaviors and needs through user research, as well as identifying and communicating opportunities for innovation and differentiation. In short, we will look to you to create products that people love to use.
In this role, you will:
- Define, test, and iterate on the interaction design of new and existing features (user-flows, detailed product wireframes, prototypes)
- Participate in user research to guide product design decisions (contextual inquiry, usability testing, competitive analysis, etc.)
- Ensure all aspects of our product are easy to use and delightful
- Design beautiful visual UI that adheres to our UI design standards (detailed high-resolution screen mockups)
- Work with dev scrum teams to ensure pixel-perfect execution designs
What You Need to Get the Job Done
A Product Designer at BambooHR is both a strategic and execution based role that works with a high level of ownership over projects. We're looking for someone who:
- Has a track record of designing successful SaaS-based software products
- Has at least 3 years of product based UX design experience working on complex desktop, web, and/or mobile software apps
- Has a portfolio of work demonstrating skill in user research, information architecture, interaction design, prototyping/testing, and visual UI design
You should be confident and ready to discuss the following:
- Your design skills as demonstrated through an in-depth portfolio review of previous, relevant, product design work.
- Your ability to collaborate with a team of product managers, designers, and developers
- How you are able to keep projects on track and progressing despite setbacks and unforeseen issues
- Your experience presenting ideas and designs to coworkers and customers
- Your ability to distill and communicate the results of user research and demonstrate how it impacts the design
- The prioritization skills that let you work on many projects at once while maintaining commitments
- How you self-manage your time and productivity
What You'll Love About Us
- Great Company Culture. We’ve been recognized by multiple organizations like Inc, Salt Lake Tribune, Glassdoor, & Comparably for our great workplace culture.
- Work that Stays at Work. Genuine work/life balance served here!
- Rest and Relaxation. 4 weeks paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and we pay you to go on vacation (ask us about this)!
- Health Benefits. Medical with HSA and FSA options, dental, and vision.
- Prepare for the Future. 401(k) with a generous company match, access to a personal financial planner, and both legal and life insurance.
- Financial Peace University. We pay for the class and you walk away with financial savvy and a bonus.
- Give back. Get paid to give your time to the community: ask us about this!
An Equal Opportunity Employer--M/F/D/V
Because our team members are trusted to handle sensitive information, we require all candidates that receive and accept employment offers to complete a background check before being hired.