We are Domosapiens - uniquely skilled, passionate data lovers anchored in a culture of connectivity. We are transforming the way business is managed by putting real-time data into the hands of every decision-maker across organizations. Diversity is valued here because homogenized teams create echo chambers; and nobody benefits from that. The insight garnered from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences results in pioneering innovations across the organization and better experiences for our customers. The more diverse our talent, the more impactful the Domosphere becomes.
Domo is the Business Cloud.
Now more than ever, businesses need to respond quickly. With Domo, you can modernize your business with BI leverage at cloud scale in record time.
Businesses can dynamically integrate data from thousands of sources, turn data into live visualizations, and extend BI directly into workflows and applications that empower the entire organization, their customers, and their partners.
At Domo, we are passionate about making enterprise software as fun to use as the most popular consumer apps out there. The UX team partners directly with our Product Management and Engineering teams, and are driven to help people solve complex problems, and turn software they use ‘for work’ into products they love.
As a senior designer on the data application team, the tools you will design experiences for give people the power to run their business more effectively than ever before with their data and analysis transformed from complex outdated spreadsheets and databases to beautiful and functional apps or dashboards, and then share them to the right people on mobile devices, web browsers, desktops, and so much more.
- Conceptualize: Identify product opportunities and develop creative solutions with input from customers, product managers, and engineers;
- Create: Design flows and experiences that rise above traditional enterprise software by being incredibly simple, elegant, and effective;
- Collaborate: Partner with product managers and engineers to oversee the user experience of a product from concept to launch and collaborate with others to bring out their best work, nurture other designers, peer review other designs, and help set the vision for future of assigned feature area;
- Communicate: Present your work (from sketches to final products) and articulate your design decisions to the design team, product team, customers, and executives for review and feedback.
- 5+ experience as a UX designer, product designer, or related experience;
- Part of the Domo promise is to give customers leverage “in record time.” This is also how our product team operates;
- For candidates who want to excel in our fast-paced environment we expect:
- Independent, self-starters who are motivated by challenges, driven by natural curiosity, and interested in solving big problems, and owning the parts of the product they are assigned;
- Experience designing digital products, on the web, mobile, and native applications;
- Comfortable with the ‘full-stack’ of design skills, from needs finding, wireframing, designing, writing, prototyping, and presenting experiences;
- Experience mentoring less experienced designers, other designers come to you for advice;
- Effective at understanding and breaking down complex ideas into simple ones, and combining them into novel solutions;
- Collaborates well with both designers and stakeholders, and communicates effectively when presenting and in writing;
- Experience conducting research, analyzing data, and making data-driven decisions (based on both qualitative and quantitative data);
- Expertly navigates disagreements between usability and feasibility, and resolves roadblocks without alienating stakeholders;
- Expert at designing and using design systems in tools like Sketch, Figma, and Adobe XD;
- Learns quickly by jumping into the deep end, is unafraid of asking questions to become a highly productive member of the team.
Nice to have
- Leadership experience, managing other designers
- Capable of presenting ideas and prototypes in animated format (familiarity with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects is a plus);
- Regularly troubleshoot your own software problems, people come to you as the ‘techie’ who knows how to find the solution or build a creative workaround.
Domo is an equal opportunity employer.