We are Domosapiens- uniquely skilled, passionate data lovers anchored in a culture of connectivity. We are transforming the way business is managed by putting real-time data into the hands of every decision maker across organizations. Diversity is valued here because homogenized teams create echo chambers; and nobody benefits from that. The insight garnered from diverse backgrounds, perspectives and lived experiences results in pioneering innovations across the organization and better experiences for our customers. The more diverse our talent, the more impactful the Domosphere becomes.
Our software engineering team is rapidly growing and looking for a Software Engineer to be part of a fast paced, high-energy team. Our engineers are serious about the success of the company and are given the tools and environment they need to succeed. If you are an experienced engineer with a passion for technology and solving complex business problems and believe planning, hard work, teamwork and quality is what it takes to succeed, then this is the job for you.
- Work with customers, technical architects, and consultants to define the data requirements and structure for Business Intelligence (BI) applications;
- Lead the design and development of Domo’s data analysis platform;
- Develop strategies with other engineering teams to optimize the usage and efficiency of Domo’s data analysis platform;
- Develop methods and tools to monitor the performance and reliability of Domo’s data analysis platform.
- 5+ years software development experience in any OOP language (Java, C#, C++);
- Knowledge of and experience with data warehousing and big data technologies such as Hadoop;
- Experience in SaaS and Enterprise DB technologies;
- Experience with Spring Boot;
- Experience with horizontal scaling, and with delivering Software as a Service;
- Experience dealing with very large data sets;
- Knowledge of and experience with both row-based and column-based database platforms;
- Experience with ETL and BI/Reporting;
- Knowledge of and experience with OO, SOA and Web Services (RESTful preferred) patterns and practices;
- Experience with AGILE and SCRUM methodologies;
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies;
- Ability to communicate and interface with technical and non-technical members of the organization;
- Working knowledge in development tools and processes, such as source control, requirement spec, design and design review, debugging, unit test, system test, performance test, etc.;
- Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field or equivalent professional development experience.
Domo is an equal opportunity employer.