We are Domosapiens- uniquely skilled, passionate data lovers anchored in a culture of connectivity. We are transforming the way business is managed by putting real-time data into the hands of every decision-maker across organizations. Diversity is valued here because homogenized teams create echo chambers; and nobody benefits from that. The insight garnered from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and lived experiences results in pioneering innovations across the organization and better experiences for our customers. The more diverse our talent, the more impactful the Domosphere becomes.
Domo is the Business Cloud.
Now more than ever, businesses need to respond quickly. With Domo, you can modernize your business with BI leverage at cloud scale in record time.
Businesses can dynamically integrate data from thousands of sources, turn data into live visualizations, and extend BI directly into workflows and applications that empower the entire organization, their customers, and their partners.
At Domo, we are passionate about making enterprise software that people actually want to use. The UX team partners directly with our Product Management and Engineering teams, and are driven by a passion to help people solve complex problems, and turn software they use ‘for work’ into products they love.
As a designer on the data platform team, you will design experiences that make connecting, exploring, and applying machine learning on massive amounts of data, not just possible, but accessible to everyone in a business, not just Analysts or Data Scientists.
The tools you will design at Domo give people the power to discover new patterns in their business, create alerts to notify them of anomalies and predict where they should focus their efforts to get the best results.
Your work will empower people, and change the way they get work done.
- Conceptualize: Identify product opportunities and develop creative solutions with input from customers, product managers, and engineers;
- Create: Design flows and experiences that rise above traditional enterprise software by being incredibly simple, elegant, and effective;
- Collaborate: Partner with product managers and engineers to oversee the user experience of a product from concept to launch;
- Communicate: Present your work (from sketches to final products) and articulate your design decisions to the design team, product team, customers, and executives for review and feedback.
- Part of the Domo promise is to give customers leverage “in record time.” This is also how our product team operates;
- For candidates who want to excel in our fast-paced environment we expect:
- Independent, self-starters who are motivated by challenges, driven by natural curiosity, and interested in solving big problems;
- Experience designing digital products, on the web, mobile, and even native applications (preference to experience designing enterprise software);
- Comfortable with the ‘full-stack’ of design skills, from needs finding, wireframing, designing, writing, prototyping, and presenting experiences;
- Effective at understanding and breaking down complex ideas into simple ones, and combining them into novel solutions;
- Collaborates well with both designers and stakeholders, and communicates effectively when presenting and in writing;
- Expertly navigates disagreements between usability and feasibility, and resolves roadblocks without alienating stakeholders;
- Familiarity with designing and using design systems in tools like Sketch, Figma, and Adobe XD;
- Learns quickly by jumping into the deep end, is unafraid of asking questions, and doesn’t quit before mastering both design skill and product know-how.
Nice to have:
- Comfortable using Excel or Google Sheets, including writing formulas;
- Experience conducting research, analyzing data, and making data-driven decisions (either as a designer or in other related business roles);
- Capable of presenting ideas and prototypes in animated format (familiarity with Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects is a plus);
- Regularly troubleshoot your own software problems, people come to you as the ‘techie’ who knows how to find the solution or build a creative workaround.
Domo is an equal opportunity employer.