We are Domosapiens- uniquely skilled, passionate data lovers anchored in a culture of connectivity. We are transforming the way business is managed by putting real-time data into the hands of every decision maker across organizations. Diversity is valued here because homogenized teams create echo chambers; and nobody benefits from that. The insight garnered from diverse backgrounds, perspectives and lived experiences results in pioneering innovations across the organization and better experiences for our customers. The more diverse our talent, the more impactful the Domosphere becomes.
Working as a member of Domo’s Client Services team, the Technical Consultant will be focused on the implementation of highly scalable business intelligence solutions for customers. The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years working hands on with customer data. This individual will join an enthusiastic, fast-paced and dynamic team at Domo. A successful candidate will have demonstrated sustained exceptional performance, innovation, creativity, insight, and good judgment.
- Works with customers, end-users, technical analyst, and application designers to define the data requirements and structure for Business Intelligence (BI) applications;
- Designs models for the data warehouse or data mart (data structure, storage, and integration) ;
- Works with our team to aggregate large data sets for use within Domo solutions;
- Develops, designs, and optimizes complex SQL queries;
- Leads the database analysis, design, and build effort;
- Develop strategies for data acquisitions and integration of the new data into Domo's Data Engine.
- 3+ years experience supporting business intelligence systems in a BI or ETL Developer role;
- Expert SQL skills required;
- Expertise with database technologies and familiarity with MySQL, Oracle, MSSQL, Vertica, mongoDB, etc.;
- Understanding of data modeling skills;
- Experience dealing with large data sets;
- Advanced Excel skills, including pivot tables and VBA (Visual Basic for Applications);
- Goal oriented with strong attention to detail;
- Proven experience in effectively partnering with business teams to deliver their goals and outcomes;
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Statistics, Computer Science or related field preferred OR equivalent professional experience.
Domo is an equal opportunity employer.