Lucid’s award-winning Creative Team is looking for a Front End Engineer that has a passion for building front-end web applications. We’re looking for someone who enjoys solving complex problems at scale, turning mockups into pixel-perfect web pages, and has an eye for design.
Our mission is to make working visually easy and essential for everyone. And we hold true to our core values of: (1) innovation in everything we do; (2) passion & excellence in every area; (3) providing individual empowerment, initiative and ownership; and (4) teamwork over ego.
- Code digital marketing properties and assets using different technologies: websites, blogs, landing pages, marketing pages, etc.
- Convert design mockups with specifications into functional web pages, components, and reusable templates.
- Use a broad set of technology tools. Primarily: Gatsby.js, Emotion, React, TypeScript, Jest, Git, Drupal, PHP and more to create web-based solutions.
- Build and maintain systems for testing our websites for stability and reliability.
- Understand business opportunities and problems, clearly define solutions, and provide detailed deliverables within Agile/Scrum system constraints.
- Work in conjunction with other marketing teams such as: design, SEO, i18n, PPC, analytics, and others.
- Architect and build systems and components that can be reused across many sites with different themes and requirements.
- Estimate time for coding for given projects.
- Use deadlines, milestones, and deliverables to effectively anticipate roadblocks and development opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Design, Information Systems, Computer Science, Digital Marketing, or another related degree.
- Expert understanding of HTML & CSS best practices.
- Desire to take ownership of the code base and help architech the components, systems, and tests used and shared across multiple sites within the ecosystem.
- Ability to write stable, scaleable, extensible and reusable components to help keep up with growing demands on the websites.
- Ability to help mentor others in best practices of front end engineering when needed.
- Ability to talk to stakeholders and explain our architecture and help them find solutions to their needs within our architecture.
- Ability to use Git and work collaboratively with other developers.
- Ability to program under different constraints: Contributing to long-term strategic projects while positively contributing to last-minute fixes and short-term solutions - sometimes without all the information present to make comfortable decisions.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Gatsby.js, React, GraphQL, and TypeScript.
- Experience with Docker.
- Familiarity with Emotion and StyledSystems.
- Familiarity with A/B testing and unit testing.
- Experience with creating/using a component library or design system.
- Basic knowledge of digital marketing practices (SEO, analytics, etc.)
- Understanding of CMSs; experience with Drupal is of particular value.
- Basic PHP or OOP experience.
- Working knowledge of SQL databases.
At Lucid Software our core values aren't just a pretty inspirational wall hanging. These principles work hard, just like we do. Lucidites use them, every day, whether they're discussing ideas for new projects, deciding on the best solution for a customer's problem, or interviewing candidates. It's just one of the many things that makes Lucid Software the best company to work for. Check out our Life at Lucid
page and see how our core values align with yours.
We celebrate a diverse and an inclusive work environment, where we honor and support varying backgrounds, beliefs, and perspectives for the benefit of our business, including our employees and products. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace that has signed the Parity Pledge and strives to be a place where every Lucidite feels they belong. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.