General Summary: A Builds Technician assembles, deploys, QC’s and ships servers and workstations. Nexus build computer systems to order following standard templates with some customizations and variations. We also build specialized server appliances for Backup and Disaster Recovery (BDR), Universal Threat Management (Firewall) and VoIP (phone systems).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To success in this position requires familiarity and experience with computer assembly from component parts (Motherboard, Memory, CPU, etc) and installation of Windows Workstation and Server Operating Systems – including configuration and setup of RAID. The successful candidate will commit to passing several certifications, including A+ and Microsoft Certs, and will be cross-trained in other departments including cabling, projects and RMM. This is an entry level position that forms the core repository for internal promotion to other departments.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Ability to effectively communicate with team members and partners including excellent written and oral communication skills
• Willingness and commitment to ongoing learning and development
• Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
• Willingness to develop professionally.
Educational/Vocational/Previous Experience Recommendations:
• A minimum of 1 year of technical support in computer services required.
• Normal professional, office environment.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. Other duties may be assigned as needed.