This position is available for remote employment in these areas:
Draper UT, Remote - California (Bay Area), Remote - Illinois (Chicago), Remote - New Jersey (NYC Metro Area), Remote - New York, Remote - New York (New York City), Remote - Washington (Seattle)
Our Data Engineering & Operations team is a force multiplier for data practitioners at Pluralsight. We provide tooling and data sets to make Pluralsight a data-driven organization. Our work includes: building pipelines which curate and land data, deploying data science models, and maintaining data infrastructure. You’ll have the opportunity to work with data tools, like Python and Spark, as well as web analytics and streaming data from our data platform.
Who you’re committed to being:
- You utilize a multidisciplinary approach to providing solutions for the business, combining technical, analytical, and domain knowledge.
- You have strong development skills, experience transforming and profiling data
- You understand the benefits and risks of a variety of data technology solutions, which guide your implementation decisions.
- You love interfacing with data scientists and analysts to understand their needs.
- You have an eagerness to dive in to data sources to understand availability, utility, and integrity of our data
What you’ll own:
- Building and maintaining production data pipelines for data science and analytics
- Developing tooling and solutions for data practitioners using a deep understanding of their objectives and pain points
- Modeling and curating product data sets, such as web analytics and kafka topics
- Improving observability in our data environment, including uptime, usage, data quality, and data freshness
- Building production applications from data science research and exploratory analytical work
Experience you’ll need:
- 5+ years of taking a multidisciplinary approach to data development: we emphasize picking the right tool for the job
- Deep experience with a number of data tools: e.g. SQL, Spark, Hadoop, Python
- Managed systems with complex dependency management and orchestration requirements
- Strong capability to manipulate and analyze complex, high-volume data from a variety of sources
- Effective communication skills with technical team members as well as business partners. Able to distill complex ideas into straightforward language
- Ability to problem solve independently and prioritize work based on the anticipated business value