Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Our company exists to promote and protect life,liberty,and the pursuit of happiness. We do that by designing,building,and supporting security and intelligence products. Our core expertise is in small,lightweight,high performance multi-mode radar systems for unmanned and manned aircraft. We cover the entire life cycle,often beginning with defining a market where none exists,designing and building the product,training the customer on how to use the system,and supporting it in the field.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Embedded Software Engineer. In addition to skills and experience,we are after someone who is a healthy fit - someone who aligns with our company core values and is a team player. These are our values,and they define how we behave and how you can succeed with our company:
* All in
* We are all in the same boat. We need people who are people smart,who enjoy working as a member of a team,and who are passionate about what we are doing.
* Stand up
* We stand accountable with integrity. We need people who are humble,who take responsibility for their actions,and who can make and keep commitments.
* We innovate with a can-do attitude. We need people who are creative,innovative,and hungry to accomplish great things.
We are looking for someone with the skills and experience to design,develop,and test software used on embedded processors in our state-of-the-art radar systems. The job requires quick thinking and an ability to grasp complex systems. You'll be working with a talented team and with a compelling product and will have an opportunity to make a big difference for the company and for our customers who need the capabilities we can provide.
These are some of the things that are important to us:
* First and foremost,you are a good fit for the team and will enjoy working with us
* Ability to work with the team to design and implement software solutions that meet customer requirements
* Minimum BS degree in Computer Science or related field
* Three or more years' experience developing on 32-bit and 64-bit Linux systems
* Strong knowledge of C++
* Developing software interfaces to the underlying hardware
* Working knowledge of networking between devices,i.e.,TCP,UDP,PCIe,etc.
* Experience managing merges,release cycles,and automated regression tests
* Familiarity with Agile Development practices
* Experience leading a team of software developers
* A working knowledge of Python/Docker/Qt
* FPGA development experience
* Ability to mentor other software developers
* Familiarity with DO-178 compliance
We like to take care of our team members. Here is what you can expect from us:
* A competitive salary
* A high value on work-life balance
* A flexible schedule and home-based office options
* A generous profit-sharing bonus that all employees participate in
* A 401(k) match and employer HSA contributions
* an excellent benefits package including Medical,Dental,and Vision
* 100% company paid Short- and Long-Term disability and Life insurance
* PTO,plus 11 holidays off throughout the year including the week between Christmas and New Years
* A really great place to work
We encourage you to take a look at our website and spend a little time researching what we do. If this opportunity looks like a good fit to you,we would love to hear from you. When you apply,please include a resume and an informal cover letter explaining what you are passionate about and what interests you most about the opportunity.
All applicants must be either a US citizen or permanent resident with a valid residency (green) card per FAR 22 C.F.R. 120.15.
We are committed to equal opportunity and nondiscrimination in all human resources actions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,sex,disability,sexual orientation,gender identity,veteran status or national origin. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply,especially those from historically underrepresented groups. PWDNET
JOB POSTED BY APPLICANTPRO
AJE Ref Number: 592600511