Calix is looking for a lab technician in our Salt Lake City lab. This is to be a 1-year contract with high potential for permanent employment and may change based on business need.
- Installation,powering,cabling,and reconfiguration of company products and support equipment in a Telecom lab environment
- Act in a hands-on support capacity in a Data Center for large-scale enterprise networks and systems by managing Telecommunications and Data-communications products and devices throughout multiple release cycles.
- Maintain automation infrastructure by updating,modifying existing systems and documenting details,verifying connections,and tracking all changes within the automation systems.
- Work closely with optical switches,monitoring and modifying connections,checking interfaces and basic configurations.
- Work in close collaboration with Systems Test Engineers,Software Developers,Network Engineers and management to ensure that the labs support the development life cycle to meet or exceed project schedules and testing objectives.
- Communicate (in writing and verbally) with team members and management professionally in the lab and with Calix's many remote teams and customers throughout the world.
- Develop a strong understanding of Calix products and the lab's automation infrastructure
- Grow skillsets in technical areas to compliment lab operations
- Mechanically inclined and proficient with hand and power tools use and safety practices based on prior experience
- Technically knowledgeable in Data Center Operations,Cabling,Facilities maintenance and systems management
- Strong Knowledge of Layer 1 low voltage cabling best practices. BICSI / DCI / FOI certifications a plus
- DC power certification and knowledge to include grounding principals,wiring,experience with -48V rectifiers and DC busways in a controlled environment
- Experience with tasks reporting work in ITIL / Task systems (JIRA,ServiceNow,BMC etc)
- Experience with asset management and RFID desirable
- Team Player with Strong Customer Service skill set
- Attention to detail and processes in all workmanship,installation,cabling runs,labeling
- Capable of managing multiple projects tasks with the goal of mitigating any down time in activity as needed
- Responsible for maintaining lab space in clean well-ordered condition,prevention of all lab safety hazards,and maintenance of ESD related equipment
- Passionate about lab support and managing large network equipment.
- Strong competency in electrical,mechanical and networking fundamentals.
- Juniper,Cisco,Palo Alto or other network equipment experience a plus.
- System Admin Skills in VMWare,Linux and Windows hosts a plus
- Cloud provider knowledge a plus (AWS and Azure)
- Competency in MS Word and MS Excel,- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills. Must have troubleshooting experience
- Excellent technical communication skills in English,in both verbal and written communications
- Strong work ethic and discipline
- A Technical Certificate or 2-year AS equivalent as an Electrical,Electronics,or Mechanical technician is required.
Calix is an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
AJE Ref Number: 591146710