Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation,helping the world's most innovative companies deliver radically better products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest portfolio of engineering simulation software,Ansys helps companies solve the most complex design challenges and engineer products limited only by imagination.
Support a collaborative,multidisciplinary,agile team that is responsible for developing additive manufacturing simulation features,user interfaces,and supporting infrastructure for DISCOVERY/ANSYS additive products. These products are delivered via the cloud and desktop. Works with a small team of developers to rapidly design,integrate,validate,and extend state-of-the-art user focused features for metal additive manufacturing simulation software.
- Develop,maintain,and improve validation data structures,algorithms,and modules supporting Additive Manufacturing (AM) simulation software (Discovery/Ansys Additive); specific examples include:
Development of data structures to support parametric design and evaluation of additive manufacturing experiments for comparison within Ansys Additive software
- Evaluate calibration algorithms supporting distortion prediction and compensation features within Discovery Additive software
- Provide calibration evaluation and support for various material models within Discovery/Ansys Additive
- Evaluate and provide subject matter expertise on material models used within AM software; this includes development of specific formats and data structures in order to tune existing and new materials within the software
- Provide subject matter expertise on proposed new features to support growing and evolving AM industry
- Provide expert user feedback on the User Interface in both desktop and cloud environments
- Run and evaluate both desktop and cloud environments for validation of Discovery/Ansys Additive features. This often includes specific operation of Virtual Machines within Microsoft Azure environment and running multiple VM's simultaneously to evaluate and assess convergence of AM simulation solutions
- Run and evaluate the AM workflow and user interface designs for new feature sets and provide subject matter expertise relating to input,output,data visualization,and overall workflow for specific AM processes and procedures
- Provide subject matter expertise on required data visualization environments and outputs supporting AM workflows
- Provide documentation and training support for AM simulation products
- Develop and present training webinars and related documentation to support new and updated features sets withing Discovery/Ansys Additive software
- Provide inputs to the documentation team related to specialized AM workflow requirements supporting calibration of Discovery/Ansys Additive software
- Provide industry case study examples for AM workflow using AM simulation software
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering/Material Science
- Strong analytical skills,ability to learn quickly,and strong attention to detail
- Good written and oral communication/presentation skills
- Willingness to learn agile processes,strive for constant improvement,and work as a team
- Experience with Ansys software
- Experience with parallel computing/programing
- Experience with High Performance Computing
- Experience with Git and/or Git flow desirable
- Masters or PhD
- Experience with C/C# or Python
- Experience with Ansys AM software products such as Additive Print and Additive Science
- Knowledge of agile software development practices
- Experience with Linux desirable
CULTURE AND VALUES
Culture and values are incredibly important to Ansys. They inform us of who we are,of how we act. Values aren't posters hanging on a wall or about trite or glib slogans. They aren't about rules and regulations. They can't just be handed down the organization. They are shared beliefs - guideposts that we all follow when we're facing a challenge or a decision. Our values tell us how we live our lives; how we approach our jobs. Our values are crucial for fostering a culture of winning for our company:
- Customer focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
WORKING AT ANSYS
At Ansys,you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most visionary of leaders,collectively aiming to change the world with innovative technology and remarkable solutions. With the prestigious reputation in servicing well-known,world-class companies,standards at Ansys are high,met by those willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on. Because at Ansys,it's about the learning,the discovery and the collaboration. It's about the 'what's next' as much as the 'mission accomplished'. It's about the melding of disciplined intellect with strategic direction and results that have,can and will impact real people in real ways,forged within a working environment built on respect,autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys,you will find yourself among those eager to drive the world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the wheel.
Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of world-class simulation technology so our customers can turn their design concepts into successful,innovative products faster and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these goals,Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a component of the NASDAQ-100.
For more information,please visit us at www.ansys.com
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,sex,sexual orientation,gender identity,national origin,disability,veteran status,and other protected characteristics.
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies,and any unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire,no fee will be owed to the agency,person,or entity.
AJE Ref Number: 592315083