Xactware,a Verisk business,specializes in technologies for the property insurance,remodeling,restoration,and mortgage and lending industries.Xactware'stools provide claims estimating,contents replacement,claims management,and property maintenance solutions for desktop,mobile,and online platforms.Xactware'sservices include repair cost research and reports,aerial imagery,and real-time business intelligence.Xactwarehas been providing cloud services for customers since 1995. To learn more aboutXactwareplease visit us at:. We are proud to be a part of the Verisk family of companies!
At the heart of what we do is help clients manage risk. Verisk (Nasdaq: VRSK) provides data and insights to our customers in insurance,energy and the financial services markets so they can make faster and more informed decisions.
Our global team uses AI,machine learning,automation,and other emerging technologies to collect and analyze billions of records. We provide advanced decision-support to prevent credit,lending,and cyber risks. In addition,we monitor and advise companies on complex global matters such as climate change,catastrophes,and geopolitical issues.
But why we do our work is what sets us apart. It stems from a commitment to making the world better,safer and stronger.
It's the reason Verisk is part of the UN Global Compact sustainability initiative. It's why we made a commitment to balancing 100 percent of our carbon emissions. It's the aim of our \\"returnship\\" program for experienced professionals rejoining the workforce after time away. And,it's what drives our annual Innovation Day,where we identify our next first-to-market innovations to solve our customers' problems.
At its core,Verisk uses data to minimize risk and maximize value. But far bigger,is why we do what we do.
At Verisk you can build an exciting career with meaningful work; create positive and lasting impact on business; and find the support,coaching,and training you need to advance your career.We have received the Great Place to Work Certification for the fourth consecutive year. We've been recognized by Forbes as a World's Best Employer and a Best Employer for Women,testaments to our culture of engagement and the value we place on an inclusive and diverse workforce.Job Description
ClaimXperience is searching for a dynamic and creative Senior Java Developer who has the knowledge and experience to help shape our industry leading solutions. Our small,growing team is responsible for developing and maintaining collaborative and self-service web and mobile applications for policyholders,claims representatives,underwriters,and contractors. If you are looking to join a team that is vital to the success of a market leader,this is the perfect opportunity for you.
What the job is like:
- Together with your cross-functional team you'll work to evolve the product powered by a micro-service architecture mainly written in Java 8 using SpringMVC.
- Perform new application development including initial design,scoping and bidding.
- Work with modern technology stack including Angular,TypeScript,Sass,HTML,Node/npm,Java,Spring,Spring Boot,Oracle DB,MongoDB and AWS.
On your first day,we'll expect you to have:
- Significant experience in developing software using Java and Spring in large-scale production systems.
- A sound understanding of micro-service architecture.
- Frequently deliver high-quality code into production using continuous delivery tools and strategies.
- Embrace agile methodologies and the advantages it brings to communication,flexibility,and delivering working code.Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 4+ years of professional software development experience,with advanced knowledge in Java.
- Experience architecting complex solutions,then projecting your vision and thought process to other developers.
- Strong knowledge of web security practice.
- Good understanding of Git,source control procedures,and feature branching.
Additional Skills Desired
- Experience with Java,in particular SpringMVC and JPA.
- Familiar with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Experience with AWS,in particular S3,RDS with Oracle,and EC2.
- Familiar and proficient with writing effective unit tests.
- Being able to Innovate is a critical factor for success. The candidate should not just be able to think of new and great ideas,but also be able to communicate effectively,and follow through with its execution.
Verisk Analytics is an equal opportunity employer.
All members of the Verisk Analytics family of companies are equal opportunity employers. We consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race,religion,color,national origin,citizenship,sex,gender identity and/or expression,sexual orientation,veteran's status,age or disability.
Unsolicited resumes sent to Verisk,including unsolicited resumes sent to a Verisk business mailing address,fax machine or email address,or directly to Verisk employees,will be considered Verisk property. Verisk will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
AJE Ref Number: 592057044