Job Title - Engineering Group Manager - Embedded Software
There's never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won't happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments, including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.Job Description
This is a remote position; the selected candidate can reside and perform the work from anywhere within the United States.The Role:
The Core Architecture Functions Embedded Software team (CAF-E) is part of the Architecture & Core Enablers (ACE) organization that has a strong focus on the vehicle's electrical architecture and architecture related enablers. As an Engineering Group Manager, you should have a passion for building quality software and solving hard problems. The manager should have a strong technical knowledge in the embedded software domain to successfully plan and lead the team on multiple launches and deliveries. A process mindset approach to software development is required to relay groups performance and ensure quality of software deliverables.Responsibilities:
Additional Job DescriptionRequirements:
- Work at all levels of software development, architecture, and implementation of complex software products.
- Partner with Product/Program Managers, System Engineers and Validation to drive the product vision and roadmap for the software products CAF-E group authors.
- Drive technical projects and provide leadership in an innovative and fast-paced environment.
- Manage tasks of on-shore and off-shore development teams.
- Provide career development opportunities and maintain an ongoing constructive feedback loop.
- Inspire innovation and technical growth through hands-on mentoring and encouragement.
- Participate in the planning and scope for the team projects.
- Support Product Owners and PMs to deliver high quality software on time.
- Commit and deliver high quality software deliverables on time for the different vehicle programs.
- Promote innovation across the company.
- Conceives team structure and constantly seeks opportunities to adjust team structure to maximize agility and efficiency.
- BS in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering; or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience as a software developer utilizing OOA/OOD, specifically Java, C++ or C#.
- Proven track record of delivering/launching software in partnership with cross-functional engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, understanding of Agile principles.
- The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Results driven individual with high levels of initiative.
- Good understanding of in-vehicle electrical architectures and embedded systems
(ECUs, microcontrollers, embedded systems, real-time systems, gateways, switches, routers etc.)
- Automotive Communication protocols (ISO or SAE) / Cloud protocols / IoT protocols.
- Track record of incremental responsibility in software development from engineer to leadership positions.
: The median level of salary compensation for this role is $134,326.Bonus Potential
: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.Benefits
: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.Desired Skills:
- Experience in agile software development.
- Automotive diagnostics experience.
- Experience managing a global team that is geographically dispersed
- Strong problem-solving skills - the ability to analyze and diagnose systemic issues
- 5+ years management experience (including a combination of experience hiring, managing performance, and providing technical leadership). #LI-KD1 #LI-Remote #gmremote
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.