Be a part of FairCom's continued success as a leading-edge global database software company with office locations in the United States, Brazil, and Italy. Participate in the design, coding activities, development, validation, and demonstration of c-tree software prototypes that include API solutions. You must have a passion for and expertise in coding in C and C++ in the database management system (DBMS) industry. Using coding experience, collaborate with fellow Senior Software Engineers, Senior Leadership, and other internal departments to help design, validate, and demonstrate FairCom’s software solutions (FairCom DB, FairCom EDGE, and c-treeRTG) as product concepts and future solutions for our clients.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Design/code new applications as directed by FairCom Tech Leadership and using the appropriate tools.
- Consult with the Director of Engineering and other Senior Tech Leadership to properly gather all pertinent information to effectively participate in the software development process.
- Self-manage assigned tasks to maintain or modify existing application prototypes based on prior consultation from the development team.
- Work hands-on with current and potential clients to deliver demonstrations of product integrations, both standard and tailored.
- Prototype c-tree product integrations in specific test environments for future version releases.
- Create product demonstration scripts, scenarios, and testing to provide potential solutions that deliver proof of value.
- Review non-technical and technical documentation to confirm consistency with program operations and write additional documentation based on test changes, and/or corrections.
- Provide technical assistance by responding to inquiries regarding coding errors, problems, or general concerns for both FairCom employees internally and for FairCom Customers externally. Occasionally may be on call during an assigned 7/24 developer consulting shift.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The Must-Have Qualifications:
- Must have a formal degree in Computer Science and/or Software Design or a formal bachelor's degree with equivalent on-the-job experience related to software design
- Must have 7+ years coding in C and C++
- Must have 3+ years coding within the Database Software Industry with SQL, NoSQL, ODBC, and JDBC databases.
- Sound understanding of how DBMS works as it pertains to SQL (relational) and NoSQL (non-relational) data models.
Other Qualifications Nice to See:
- Experience coding in Python, Java (JDBC), Node.js, and/or PHP
- 5+ years working in an Agile development environment
- Masters Degree in Computer Science or Software Design.
- Experience with the following: COBOL, c-treeACE, c-treeRTG, c-treeEDGE, IoT/IIoT, Raspberry Pi and/or other small devices.