Plan_B Media is seeking a Web Developer responsible for the company’s tech platforms and web developments. As a company self-tasked with creating world-class ecommerce experiences, we are interested in someone who shows adaptability, and a person who likes the challenges of working with the new and unknown (expect A.I. and Blockchain technology to be integrated into company’s business model).
This role will report directly to the Directors, and will spearhead our tech development requirements, as they relate to: e-commerce paid and social media campaigns, 3rd party software integrations, strategic partner integrations, internal technology requirements. Applicants should have understanding of multiple coding principles. You will be collaborating with peers, including designers, leadership, and other technical and non-technical team members. Your experience will be relied upon, and your voice in the choices around a user’s experience will be an important part of your contribution.
This position requires full stack development knowledge and experience in multiple areas and facets of the ecommerce space (Shopify, Amazon, Facebook, Instagram, etc). You will build and deploy new and cutting-edge features for our online store fronts and interfaces to integral systems and technologies, including but not limited to extensive analytics,order management system, warehouses, and financial systems.
You will be responsible for the globalization of our tech ecosystem by modifying existing online storefronts and interfaces to meet specific requirements or developing/integrate new apps and interfaces as needed, and building systems integrations with various other consumer marketing platforms (CRM, AdTech, Customer Service Tech, etc.)
The ideal candidate for this position is someone who has the drive and is not hesitant to put in the work and build the systems and team needed to scale.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Solid understanding of Shopify/Amazon/Instagram etc and general e-commerce and consumer marketing platforms.
- Experience in working closely with Marketing teams to launch new promotions, site updates, product updates, etc.
- Experience in the technical design and architecture of e-commerce platforms, as well as, overseeing the integration of 3rd Party API's with the platforms that manage the order lifecycle.
- Experience in the ideas behind developing B2B or B2C Ecommerce sites is a plus. Corporate IT experience in ERP, or order management systems is a plus.
- Facility in brainstorming on how to take advantage of new technologies, processes, and business opportunities.
- Demonstrated collaboration with small teams of developers on multiple projects.
- Experience with version control systems (Bitbucket/GitHub)Experience working within an agile team.
- Experience setting up continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD).
- Experience in Integrating data from various back-end services and databases.
- Writes well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices.
- Experience in maintaining and updating web site templates, using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Ensuring consistent performance on all major devices/browsers.
- Ensure all coding is developed with the user experience in mind, while adhering to best practices.
- Learn new languages, frameworks, and technologies as needed.
- Develop new web site templates for current and new web projects.
We’re looking for an individual that has:
- Several years experiencewith web development concepts, including responsive design
- Commanding understanding of dynamic pixel tracking
- Has worked with front-end frameworks such as Angular, or React, etc
- Has built applications that call backend APIs•Understands the design component of web development
- Takes ownership of their workand has a keen eye for detail
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience•Programming experience and knowledge of AWS design and infrastructure•Material Design components
- Shopify development of any kind and/or Ruby experience
- Mobile development experience•Proven Experience in cross cloud integrations (SFMC, SFSC, etc.).
- Strong Knowledge and experience leading 3rd party integrations across the SFCC ecosystem including payment, shipping, tax, OMS, address Verification,etc
- Experience with UI development•Strong knowledge of web security practices
- Experience designing, maintaining, and tuning high-performance code to ensure optimal load time
- Develop, test, and troubleshoot across multiple browsers, platforms and devices, to support a consistent and positive customer experience and maximize conversion rate on our eCommerce sites
This role will also be involved in AI adoption and integration into the company’s business model. In addition, applicant will be working directly with blockchain technology integration, with related strategic partners.
The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. Based on your contribution and value-add, this is an incentive based position with the potential to increase compensation.
We are looking forward to reading your application. Please follow the link below for an engaging work skills test to assess the fit between Plan_B Media and our successful candidate.
Link will be a 30 minute aptitude test followed by an upload of your resume: