Develops or modifies procedures to solve complex database design problems, including performance, scalability, security and integration issues. Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents complex databases at the highest levels of complexity. Has full technical knowledge of all phases of database engineering. Works on advanced, complex technical projects or business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge. Works autonomously. Goals are generally communicated in solution or project goal terms. May provide a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in the area of specialization.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• As part of a small team, administer DLA EBS Systems, Applications & Products (SAP) Business Application Software Integration Solution (BASIS) Application
• Application administration support covering all services
• Coordinate with other DISA and DLA teams regard ing the above applications (i.e. DLA application developers, security, system administrators, and network teams).
• Provide configuration management support for integration and tracking of infrastructure and security changes between application developments into live production architecture.
• Provide service desk management/integration support for cross-domain/organization integration and coordination.
• Provide IT continuity of operations (COOP) / disaster recovery plan management support for updates to documentation, site test plan and design, and annual tests supporting business requirements.
• Provide capacity management support for continuous monitoring and predictive modeling of growth.
• Provide performance management support for continuous monitoring and predictive modeling of system performance.
• Provide budget management support for understanding of upcoming changes in operations.
& #x2022; Provide senior level applications and sustainment liaison support for the EBS suite of applications. Coordinate
with development and production teams for new releases and system changes.
• Conduct daily application checks and perform follow-up tasks.
• Maintain alert and event management configuration, and respond to event management alerts.
• Monitor and respond to problem management and service requests through DISA’s problem management and service request systems.
• Provide consultative assistance related to system level activities.
• Develop and maintain standard operating instructions for the administration of all EBS applications.
Education & Experience