Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer,real estate investor,and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing,we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team,you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work,as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live,learn,and work.
As a Full-stack Developer at Nelnet,you will build the next generation platform in the lending industry. You will work closely with Product Owners,Scrum Masters and other team members to better understand their needs in order to create new products that will impact the life of millions of customers. You will participate the development of cloud native products using microservices architecture and other leading edge technologies and practices.
- Partner closely with product and design studio to craft great product experiences.
- Design,deliver and evolve solutions and execute through hands-on configuration,development,quality assurance,and prototyping.
- Design,deliver and evolve application and infrastructure code in an Agile software development using test-driven development methodologies.
- Participate in development life cycle activities like design,coding,testing and production release.
- Participate in the design,implementation and evolution of best of breed Development,Build and Deploy Processes and Environments.
- Participate and promote architectural initiatives,balancing long-term velocity with short-term customer needs.
- 3 years current experience building single page applications with popular JS frameworks and libraries (React,Angular,Ember,Babel,Webpack,Underscore,etc.).
- Previous experience developing microservices
- Previous experience building,maintaining and/or evolving a development processes and environments (SCM,CI/CD,Build Tools,Deployment Tools ...etc.)
- Previous experience building,maintaining and/or evolving development,test and production environments in a cloud environment
COMPETENCIES - SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
- Solid fundamental understanding of testing (including stubbing,functional,unit,and e2e)
- Practical experience building and consuming RESTful APIs
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP,cookies,asset loading,caching,REST)
- Experience using CI/CD tools and systems such as Jenkins,Bitbucket,GitLab,GitHub,etc.
- Experience with Material.io,Angular,HTML5,CSS3,SASS/LESS,Bootstrap,and cross-browser and device development
- Have a passion for quality and writing clean,solid,readable code that scales and performs well.
- Strong desire to learn,push the envelope,and share knowledge with others.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills,motivation,and passion.
- Strong database knowledge (table design,complex query creation,best practices)
- Experience architecting and implementing complex solutions from infrastructure level to application level.
Colorado Candidates: Salary range for this role is $50,000 - $120,000
Our benefits package includes medical,dental,vision,HSA and FSA,generous earned time off,401K/student loan repayment,life insurance & AD&D insurance,employee assistance program,employee stock purchase program,tuition reimbursement,performance-based incentive pay,short- and long-term disability,and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK (http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer,complies with Executive Order 11246,and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed,and that employees are treated during employment,without regard to race,color,religion/creed,national origin,gender,or sex,marital status,age,disability,use of a guide dog or service animal,sexual orientation,military/veteran status,or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Corporate Recruiting.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Nelnet is a leading student loan servicer - but we're even more than that. We're a professional services company,telecommunications innovator,and K-12 and higher education expert (and that's just the shortlist). For over 40 years,we've been serving our customers and making their dreams possible.
EEO Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-poster.pdf) | EEO Letter (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-Jeffs-Letter.pdf) | EPPA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/Employee-Polygraph-Protection-Act-Poster.pdf) | FMLA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/FMLA-Leave.pdf)