Nelnet is a student loan servicer that's grown into a fiber internet pioneer,real estate investor,and software provider. But that's just the beginning. With 6,500 associates and growing,we take our business wherever superior customer experiences and ingenuity are needed.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team,you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work,as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live,learn,and work.
Process Automation Developers are responsible for the design,development,and support of front-end automated programs to streamline and support operational tasks. This position works with operational leaders to replace or augment manual processes by identifying and developing solutions that improve efficiency,increase productivity,and reduce manual errors and other compliance risks. Process Automation Developers are expected to leverage existing infrastructure and knowledge to build effective solutions,dive into new applications and technologies as appropriate,and adhere to best practices throughout the development process.
This position requires work in support of the Company's contract with the United States Department of Education ("ED"). As such,the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1,2018,ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED,Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
a. Explores operational processes and identifies opportunities for automation.
b. Scopes development efforts,splits projects into manageable pieces and estimates delivery of solutions.
c. Builds front-end Python programs that interact with existing tools and corporate applications to process data,take actions,and perform
a. Ensures effective communication occurs with key stakeholders on projects.
b. Communicates clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing.
c. Listens effectively.
d. Actively participates in discussions.
a. Effectively manages multiple concurrent in-flight projects with varied deadlines.
b. Maintains effectiveness in an agile environment.
c. Adapts to changing circumstances,tasks,responsibilities,and personnel.
4. Teamwork and Professionalism
a. Contributes to a positive work environment.
b. Works as a productive member of a cohesive group.
c. Contributes to team growth and effective team dynamics.
d. Mentors and shares information with team members as appropriate.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science,Information Systems,Engineering,Mathematics,or a related field of study. Equivalent development experience (2+ years) may serve as a substitute for this.
Two or more years of front-end development experience in Python or equivalent high-level programming language.
Demonstrated history of optimizing operational and/or development processes.
Experience with project scoping,defining requirements,and estimating development effort.
**COMPETENCIES - SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:**
Broad understanding of information technologies and disciplines,including e-commerce,applications development,operations,and technical support.
1. Able to independently gather requirements from business stakeholders
2. Creates custom queries to answer complex business questions and complete stakeholder requests
3. Effectively works with the team and other resources to acquire and leverage new data
4. Understands principles of data analysis
5. Turns business processes into automated functions
6. Familiar with Structured Query Language (SQL) and able to write new queries and leverage existing queries to complete stakeholder requests
7. Adheres to review process for data acquisition,validation,analysis,and presentation/delivery
8. Facilitate solution deployment by providing client support for implementations and ongoing production support as well as developing client training content
9. Executes testing needed to assure the desired functionality and data integrity automated solution meets the business requirements and deadlines
10. Work with team members to perform analysis to track and evaluate the effectiveness of implemented changes to policy or performance
11. Understands the business strategy,mission,and direction,including key business performance indicators
12. Proficiency with the following tools: Advanced Microsoft Excel,Microsoft Office Suite,Confluence,JIRA and Bitbucket
13. Familiarity with Microsoft SQL,SAS (Enterprise Guide & Enterprise Miner),Visual Basic and Python
14. Uses analytical ability and creative thinking to break problems down into manageable components
15. Thinks open mindedly and considers all alternatives
16. Identifies well thought out,comprehensive alternatives
17. Takes responsibility for ensuring problems are worked to a complete resolution
**Additional Job Description**
1. Able to independently gather requirements from business stakeholders and scope projects.
2. Build automated Python programs for business processes.
3. Explore new operational applications and learn functionality.
4. Expand programming knowledge,diving into new functionality and concepts as needed.
5. Skill in tracing the source of errors,digging into open-source modules and code written by peers as needed.
6. Effectively acquire and leverage new data using pandas and other tools.
7. Build ETL functions for data coming from a variety of sources,including APIs and SQL databases.
8. Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and familiar with VBA and/or the Windows SDK.
9. Work with git repositories.
1. Manage work on multiple concurrent projects with varying priorities.
2. Split projects into manageable pieces and estimate delivery of solutions.
3. Adhere to code review process and execute testing needed to ensure functionality meets business requirements.
4. Provide client support for program implementation and ongoing program refinement.
5. Work with team members to perform analysis and track the effectiveness of solutions.
6. Continually strive for improvements in delivery of services and solutions.
1. Understand the business strategy,mission,and direction,including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
2. Productively challenge prevailing assumptions.
3. Consider short-term,tactical alternatives that result in immediate business value.
4. Identify options that provide long-term business value.
5. Balance the need for experimentation and managed risk with the desire to maintain existing stable solutions.
Colorado residents; pay range for this role is $63,000 - $74,000
Our benefits package includes medical,dental,vision,HSA and FSA,generous earned time off,401K/student loan repayment,life insurance & AD&D insurance,employee assistance program,employee stock purchase program,tuition reimbursement,performance-based incentive pay,short- and long-term disability,and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK (http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer,complies with Executive Order 11246,and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed,and that employees are treated during employment,without regard to race,color,religion/creed,national origin,gender,or sex,marital status,age,disability,use of a guide dog or service animal,sexual orientation,military/veteran status,or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Nelnet Corporate Recruiting.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or email@example.com .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
Nelnet is a leading student loan servicer - but we're even more than that. We're a professional services company,telecommunications innovator,and K-12 and higher education expert (and that's just the shortlist). For over 40 years,we've been serving our customers and making their dreams possible.
EEO Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-poster.pdf) | EEO Letter (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-Jeffs-Letter.pdf) | EPPA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/Employee-Polygraph-Protection-Act-Poster.pdf) | FMLA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/FMLA-Leave.pdf)