If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewVaaS, a "video analysis as a service" company, is a leading global provider of data and image analytics for vehicle location. The company's image capture and analysis platform, which includes fixed and mobile license plate reader cameras driven by machine learning and artificial intelligence, provides vehicle location data to public safety and commercial customers. Acquired in January 2019, this new product offering will expand the Motorola Solutions command center software portfolio with the largest shareable database of vehicle location information that can help shorten response times and improve the speed and accuracy of investigations.Job Description
With over 15 Billion rows of license plate and geospatial data, Digital Recognition Network (http://drndata.com) is a fast-growing License Plate Recognition Data company that is looking for a software engineer to help execute on the backlog for our On-Car and Fixed LPR Systems and associated Commercial Market products.
Hello, reader of this job posting! Because you actually clicked into this, we're going to assume you're a solid .NET developer, experienced with both the old and the new. Please allow us to quickly add some keywords so this posting will be optimized for search engines: big data, .NET, MySQL, SQL Server, Linux, remote, work from home, git, security, rock star, guru, Jedi, ninja, wizard, Jedi rock wizard.
Great! Now let's talk about some of those as they relate to this position.
* Big Data - DRN is the world leader in license plate recognition and currently has more than 15 billion (with a B) rows of license plate and geo-spatial data.
* .NET - We love .NET. We know it has a bad reputation due to a long history of ugliness - and trust us when we say we have experienced it first-hand. However, it has matured greatly over the past few years and it has allowed us to rapidly prototype, develop, and deploy some amazing applications.
* SQL Server
* Remote - Let's dispel with the myth that remote developers can kick their feet back and play Xbox. If you've spent any time working remotely, you know the challenges and determination it takes to make it work. We work hard from 8 to 5 and want a developer that will do the same without needless distractions.
* Git - We do everything in git and have some great deployment workflows built around it.
* Security - Stop here if you have no idea what OWASP Top 10 is. If you aren't familiar with how to secure your code against SQL injection, XSS, and CSRF, then we can't bring you aboard.
* 3+ years of .NET development experience
* 3+ years of related experience
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Travel RequirementsNoneRelocation ProvidedNonePosition TypeExperiencedReferral... For full info follow application link.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.