Rock West Composites, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a SharePoint Developer.
Rock West Composites, Inc. is an engineering and manufacturing company dedicated to providing innovative solutions for commercial and government customers. We operate from a 66,000 sq. ft. manufacturing facility located in West Jordan, Utah, near Salt Lake City. Rock West fabricates stock and custom composite tubes, plates, rods, angles, shapes, and connectors in addition to offering a variety of complementary products. This position is located in our West Jordan, Utah location and reports to the Director of Systems and Controls.
The SharePoint Developer is primarily responsible for the design, development, implementation and support of the SharePoint environments for Rock West Composites. They will be working with business team members to identify requirements, create designs and applications, as well as provide testing and training on the applications.
- Development using O365 Apps including SharePoint, Power Apps, Power Automate, and other tools as delivered in an O365 environment.
- Create SharePoint Lists and Libraries.
- Create SharePoint pages.
- Create forms and complex workflows.
- Implement high quality, scalable and extendable solutions using SharePoint and other applications while adhering to established best practices.
- Analyze SharePoint requests for change, code, and test new functionality, create technical design documents, unit test, and implementation plans, and code and test new functionality and/or processes.
- Provide technical support, documentation and formal training.
- Review and audit system performance and documentation to ensure compliance.
- Troubleshoot and resolve application issues.
- Assist other technical staff in resolving problems.
- Assist in the maintenance and support of Microsoft SharePoint Server including real-time monitoring, troubleshooting, and performance analysis.
- Support migration of legacy applications.
- Collaborate in team environment with employees in our San Diego facility, consultants, business partners and IT teams on projects, support, application development and standardization.
- Manage third party/outside consultant programmers by defining specifications, monitoring their activities, and assuring results are within budget and specification.
- Quickly understand supporting business processes and translate them into system designs that will support the objectives while utilizing out-of-the-box functionality.
- Work with minimal to no supervision with senior levels of the organization including Financial Management, Operations Management, Supply Chain Analysts, and Plant Managers to analyze business requirements, define, recommend, plan, and implement solutions.
- Experience with SharePoint Server design and architecture
- Experience with the deployment and management of SharePoint architectures and solutions (.wsp)
- Experience creating and working with custom SharePoint Master Pages and Display templates
- Proficient with IIS 7.0, Active Directory, SQL Server 2005 or higher as they relate to SharePoint, and the Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
- Good working knowledge of other misc. application software.
- Project management skills
- Ability to prioritize & complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A self-starter and focused.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Continual improvement focused.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to all organizational levels.
- Ability to write general business correspondence with accurate grammar and spelling.
- Ability to effectively present information in group settings.
- Ability to interpret and provide a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Desirable Qualifications (Not Required)
- Experience with third-party tools like Nintex is a plus.
- Experience working with ISO9001 or AS9100D quality management system requirements
- General knowledge of composite materials (carbon fiber, fiberglass, prepreg)
Why should you want to work with us? Rock West Composites cares about our employees! Not only do we offer great benefits to our full-time employees (Medical & Dental 100% employer paid, Vision, Paid Time Off and 401K match), we offer a fun and friendly working environment!
Rock West Composites is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of the company to provide equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status or any other basis prohibited by state or federal law. Due to nature of defense contracts, US Citizenship is a requirement. As part of our Drug and Alcohol Policy, upon acceptance of any offer of employment, employment will be conditional of passing a required drug test.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact 858-537-6260.