Description of Company
Barr is a consulting company that integrates engineering and environmental expertise to help clients develop, manage, process, and restore natural resources across North America and around the world. We have been employee owned since 1966 and trace our origins to the early 1900s. Today, we have more than 900 employees across the U.S and Canada who work with clients in the mining, power, fuels, public, and manufacturing sectors, as well as attorneys, developers, and others with complex challenges.
Why Choose Barr?
If you are looking for an employee-owned company that fosters a collaborative environment, focuses on providing exceptional client service, offers the opportunity to work on challenging projects, and makes employee safety a top priority, Barr is the place for you. In addition to a highly competitive benefits package, we offer mentor and coaching programs to help our employees develop and grow their careers, along with opportunities for volunteering and community involvement.
This person in this position work on projects with a diverse team of engineers and scientists completing water resources/civil engineering and related technical assignments. Work may include hydrologic analysis related to stormwater planning and flood control; water-quality analysis in urban and/or rural settings; hydraulic analysis and design related to rivers, streams, conveyances, dams and other hydraulic structures; preparation of technical reports, plans and specifications; and interfacing with clients, permitting agencies, and public officials. Assignments may also include working with or supervising project teams involved in hydrologic/hydraulic modeling, water quality modeling, GIS, and CADD work. The work may involve short-term, out-of-town assignments either in the field or in another office.
* Bachelor's degree in civil/environmental engineering with emphasis on water resources
* 10 years of water resources engineering experience with a focus on hydrology, hydraulics and/or water quality
* Project management experience
* Experience with water resources challenges such as precipitation and flooding data analysis; urban and rural hydrologic analysis; open channel and pipe flow analysis; hydraulic structures; bank stabilization and stream restoration; floodplain analysis and mapping; dam break analysis; and dam and levee analysis and design
* Familiarity with hydrologic and hydraulic modeling approaches and commonly used software
* Working knowledge of GIS and CADD software
* Experience with proposal development
* Experience with client management and business development
* Familiarity with water resources data collection methodologies
* Flexible working style and willingness to occasionally modify personal schedule as required to meet deadlines and/or client needs
* Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
* Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
* Acceptable driving record
* Master's degree or PhD in civil or environmental engineering with a focus on hydrology, hydraulics and/or water quality
* 10+ years of water resources engineering experience with a focus on hydrology, hydraulics, and/or water quality
* Professional Engineer (PE) certification
* Experience leading proposal management and development
* Demonstrated success in business development and client management
* Experience with GIS, CADD, hydrologic... For full info follow application link.
Barr is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other lawfully protected status.