Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services,we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world,gives them ways to share what matters most to them,and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach,people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating,solving problems,and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together,we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook's People Core Team is responsible for building integrated,scalable,and robust enterprise applications. As an Application Engineer,you will play a key role in re-imagining productivity by shipping transformative products that serve Facebook's employees and internal recruiting and people teams.
1. Work with product managers to drive strategic value through custom applications built on Salesforce,as well as our internal software stack
2. Architect highly available,scalable,and secure systems
3. Comply with change management policies to ensure data integrity and system stability
4. Understand performance metrics for business value
5. Build interfaces for complex systems and high-quality tools
6. Technical ownership of projects and managing resources
7. 3+ years of experience developing business applications in Salesforce,PHP,Java,C++,Python,or similar
8. 3+ years of experience with Salesforce Web Services APIs like SOAP and REST-based Web Service APIs,the Bulk API,and the Metadata API
9. 1+ years of experience in Visualforce/Apex incorporating JS frameworks like React,Bootstrap or Angular
10. Platform Developer II certification
11. Experience building on Mulesoft
12. Experience building and supporting production quality software
13. Experience owning projects from end-to-end
14. Expertise with data management: structured and unstructured DBs,SQL and RDBMS technologies,SOA design principles
15. SQL experience in handling volumes of data,performance tuning
16. Experience in understanding code bases,including API design techniques
17. Knowledge in UI/UX,which can be reflected in your work
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race,religion,color,national origin,sex (including pregnancy,childbirth,or related medical conditions),sexual orientation,gender,gender identity,gender expression,transgender status,sexual stereotypes,age,status as a protected veteran,status as an individual with a disability,or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,consistent with applicable federal,state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability,please let us know at email@example.com.