Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services,we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world,gives them ways to share what matters most to them,and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach,people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating,solving problems,and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together,we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Downpour Interactive has stood out as a source of inspiration within the VR industry thanks to the stellar success of Onward,a multi-platform multiplayer MilSim. Onward launched as a multiplayer game long before social became a breakout VR trend and,accordingly,Downpour Interactive leads the VR industry as a best-in-class example of a developer working in tandem with its loyal community to create the best possible social and gaming experience. Onward is Downpour Interactive's first game,a multiplayer masterpiece full of challenges,tactics,and teamwork,and has stood out over the last several years as a source of inspiration within the VR industry thanks to the stellar success of Onward,as one of the foremost multiplayer VR games,as well as its community support across Rift,Quest,and Steam.We are seeing Gameplay Programmers code content like enemy AI,weapons,character controls,and other functionality. Gameplay Programmers partner with our design and art teams to create compelling in-game experiences.
1. Architect,design,and implement robust software systems
2. Collaborate with designers and artists to achieve a shared vision
3. Create usable tools,scripts,and components to empower content creators
4. Research and solve difficult engineering problems
5. Strive to add the extra polish that truly sets games apart
6. 3+ years of professional game development experience in a gameplay capacity
7. Experience contributing to gameplay systems,such as player controls,game rules,scripting,weapons,and AI
8. Experienced with C# and C++
9. Demonstrate knowledge of software engineering practices
10. Solid understanding of 3D mathematics
11. Problem solving and debugging skills
12. Experience with full-cycle game development
13. Experience writing well-structured,readable code
14. Experience with Unity3D
15. Understand all aspects of game programming including rendering and physics
16. Experience working on a tactical FPS games
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race,religion,color,national origin,sex (including pregnancy,childbirth,or related medical conditions),sexual orientation,gender,gender identity,gender expression,transgender status,sexual stereotypes,age,status as a protected veteran,status as an individual with a disability,or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,consistent with applicable federal,state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability,please let us know at email@example.com.