Description of Company
Barr is a consulting company that integrates engineering and environmental expertise to help clients develop, manage, process, and restore natural resources across North America and around the world. We have been employee owned since 1966 and trace our origins to the early 1900s. Today, we have more than 900 employees across the U.S and Canada who work with clients in the mining, power, fuels, public, and manufacturing sectors, as well as attorneys, developers, and others with complex challenges.
Why Choose Barr?
If you are looking for an employee-owned company that fosters a collaborative environment, focuses on providing exceptional client service, offers the opportunity to work on challenging projects, and makes employee safety a top priority, Barr is the place for you. In addition to a highly competitive benefits package, we offer mentor and coaching programs to help our employees develop and grow their careers, along with opportunities for volunteering and community involvement.
The person in this position will work with project teams on civil engineering and related technical assignments. Work may include project management, design and analysis, civil engineering design using CADD modeling software, construction plan and specification preparation, spreadsheet development, and construction oversight. Responsibilities may also include preparing plans and specifications for rail and roadway projects, hydrologic and hydraulic calculations, geotechnical investigations, soils classification, report writing, assisting with large report preparation, site development design, construction cost estimating, and facility inspection.
This person may also work with permitting agencies and public officials. Work may require short-term, out-of-town assignments.
* Bachelor's degree in civil engineering
* 3 years of related work experience
* Experience preparing plans and specifications
* Familiarity with AutoCAD and Civil 3D or other CADD-based civil design software
* Flexible working style, self-initiative, self-motivation, and a willingness to work with teams to meet clients' needs and project schedules
* Demonstrated project organization skills
* Conscientiousness concerning the accuracy, appropriateness, and timeliness of results
* Strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
* Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
* Acceptable driving record
* 5 or more years of related work experience
* Familiarity with soil testing procedures and evaluation of test results
* Professional Engineer (PE) license
* Experience with GIS
* Mining-related design experience
* MSHA certification
NOTE: Applicants must be able to work in locations that feature rough terrain typical of construction sites and to enter and work within facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of industrial facilities. Job assignments may involve work on waste disposal sites and sites requiring cleanup of hazardous materials.
Barr is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other lawfully protected status.