Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at .
Elastic is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our Endpoint Security Engineering Efficiency team. You will be working with former intelligence community and highly talented security industry engineers with extensive security expertise - including the author of Rootkits: Subverting the Windows Kernel. Engineers applying for this role are themselves developers who can use the Elastic stack and Elastic Cloud platform and are passionate about Quality Automation as well as creating usable tools, frameworks and solutions that improve developer productivity. We are strong believers in test automation, framework design and continuous delivery. Engineering Productivity engineers empower our development teams to author stable and reliable code faster.
What you will be doing
* Manage a variety of projects related to testing frameworks, tooling, automation, continuous integration, deployment methodology and much more.
* Write, code review, and run unit tests across platforms for a multi-node virtual and hardware environment.
* Craft and develop reliable and performant test frameworks to automate endpoint testing.
* Demonstrate and promote their usage across customer-zero: our engineers.
* Automate to eliminate human toil in deployment and release testing.
* Enable shift-left thinking through continuous integration and delivery.
* Work with our infrastructure teams to improve internal Cloud environments.
* Utilize the Elastic Stack for testing and introspection of Elastic Cloud.
* Collaborate across functions and mentor other specialists on a quality mentality.
What you will bring along
* You believe that a, and want to work with people all over the world
* Software engineering background with prior experience working as a developer, QA engineer, or software engineer passionate about developer productivity.
* At least 3+ years in cloud computing (AWS, Azure or GCP).
* At least 3+ years experience in Kubernetes. Experience with Amazon EKS, Azure AKS or Google GKE highly desired.
* Strong coding skills in Golang, Python, Typescript and/or other scripting/coding languages
* Experience with Cloud computing & CI/CD toolsets - Ansible, Terraform, Vault, Jenkins etc.
* Firm grasp of IP networking, load balancing, DNS.
* Good knowledge of distributed systems, APIs, cloud computing.
* Passionate about software quality, developer productivity and release... For full info follow application link.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.