Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services,we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world,gives them ways to share what matters most to them,and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach,people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating,solving problems,and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together,we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook Reality Labs is a world leader in the design of virtual and augmented reality systems. Come work alongside expert software engineers and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. Join the adventure of a lifetime as we make science fiction real and change the world. The Oculus Browser team is focused on bringing desktop-class browsing to VR and pushing the boundaries of what experiences are possible to build for VR on the web. As a Software Engineer on the Oculus Browser's Developer Platform team,you would be involved in defining and creating the technical direction,tools,and frameworks necessary to achieve our goal of making VR development easier and more accessible on the web. The ideal candidate has significant experience building 3D/XR web applications or contributing to 3D web frameworks.
1. Develop the software and tools required to make developing for VR on the web easy and accessible.
2. Build prototypes and frameworks that push the boundaries of what's possible to build in VR today.
3. Work with internal and external partners to understand the needs of our customers.
4. Contribute to the development and implementation of web standards relevant to VR on the web.
5. BS Computer Science or equivalent experience
6. 3+ years of experience developing 3D/XR web applications or frameworks
8. Low-level 3D rendering expertise
9. Strong grasp of CPU and GPU performance challenges and optimization techniques
10. Solid understanding of 3D content creation tools and pipelines
11. Proven track-record of shipping high-quality 3D applications on the web
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race,religion,color,national origin,sex (including pregnancy,childbirth,or related medical conditions),sexual orientation,gender,gender identity,gender expression,transgender status,sexual stereotypes,age,status as a protected veteran,status as an individual with a disability,or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories,consistent with applicable federal,state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability,please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.