Specialist Software Quality - ( 2109133 )
We are the world's learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment,powered by services and technology,to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
The ideal candidate for this position has strong QA and technical skills. along with a background as Business\Requirements Analyst or Scrum Master.
The Sr Software Quality Engineer is a hands-on daily contributor who performs complex testing tasks requiring planning,scheduling,and testing to assure that developed products meet design specifications and are within total quality management limits and standards. They will communicate with product,developers,and technical support specialists on product issues; operate under general supervision,and report to the Software Quality Engineering Manager. This position requires five to eight years of experience in software quality engineering.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Guides the planning,creation,and execution of test cases to satisfy requirements and acceptance criteria
* Has demonstrated lead capabilities: lead a team successfully,worked well with other departments - Dev/PM/PdM,etc. Contributes to the development of other team members. Has demonstrated planning and resource scheduling skills. Facilitates troubleshooting and solves problems.
* Leads,plans,schedules,and implements testing for projects,define test objectives,test case authoring. Formulates test plans including systems analysis,risk analysis,dependency analysis,writing and plotting test strategies,and determines how to report defects (pre/post- production).
* Tracks test progress and results in test management tools like Jira,Azure Dev Ops,TFS,VSO,MTM.
* Identifies opportunities,then leads the roll-out of inventive tech ideas and implements solutions with other projects teams,the SQE department,as well as other departments
* Other duties as assigned. Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants,including minorities,women,protected veterans,and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
+ Software Quality Engineering experience including web application testing - including functional,systems integration testing,automation,performance,security
+ Ability to communicate effectively with management at all levels relative to test requirements,strategies,approaches,and results
+ Bachelor's degree in Computer related field preferred with five (5) to eight (8) years experience and/or equivalent work experience. Experience leading and mentoring multiple teams and projects required; or equivalent education and experience to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
+ Strong practical QA principles and practices foundation including test strategy,planning,execution,and automation
+ Familiarity with automated testing tools (HP LoadRunner,QuickTest Pro,Selenium). Preferred but not required: Fiddler,Soap UI Pro
+ Ability to define,organize,implement,and execute testing processes within the test team
+ Ability to lead deep dives after iteration planning and hold the team accountable for deliverables
+ Excellent leadership skills
+ Ability to work independently and mostly in a team-based environment
+ Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
+ Ability to work under pressure and in high-stress situations
+ Ability to collaborate with all levels of an organization and across DEV,QA,Product teams.
+ Able to be proactive with communications,setting expectations,and drive efforts across teams to make sure all stakeholders have the correct information they need.
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $110,00.00-$115,000.00. This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
**Primary Location** : US-RE-Remote
**Work Locations** :
**Job** : Technology
**Organization** : North America Connections
**Employee Status** : Regular Employee
**Job Type** : Standard
**Job Level** : Team Leader
**Shift** : Day Job
**Job Posting** : Jun 25,2021
**Job Unposting** : Ongoing
**Schedule:** : Full-time Regular
**Req ID:** 2109133