Elastic is a search company built on a free and open heritage. Anyone can use Elastic products and solutions to get started quickly and frictionlessly. Elastic offers three solutions for enterprise search, observability, and security, built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the symbol ESTC. Learn more at .
About The Role
We are seeking an experienced product leader to lead the direction and development of Elastic's core orchestration and cloud products: , and .
You have helped define the vision and made critical decisions in the evolution of technology focused, developer oriented products in the areas of containers, orchestration, distributed data stores, and Kubernetes.
What you will be doing:
* Work closely with the Elastic Cloud Engineering Team and Tech Leads to define and maintain a shared vision and roadmap for the future of Elastic Cloud and orchestration product portfolio.
* Leading a team of highly skilled product managers.
* Work with upstream product and engineering teams at Elastic to ensure awareness and alignment of the priority and timing of critical features and changes to the cloud and orchestration products.
* Collaborate with the Sales & Marketing teams on go-to-market, messaging, competitive analysis, and enablement.
* Gather competitive market and trend data, as well as usage, customer and community feedback to develop product insights.
What you bring along:
* You hold a BS degree in Computer Science or bring equivalent technical experience in software engineering organizations.
* A minimum of 10 years in Product Management, of which at least 5 years have been spent leading product teams and delivering technology focused products.
* Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
* In-depth understanding and familiarity with cloud technologies (such as AWS, Azure, and GCP), containers and Kubernetes, and developer-focused cloud products in general.
* Curiosity and an open mind.
* Ego-free attitude - we are here for the success of the team and the company.
* Empathy, openness, and a good sense of humor.
Experience/interest in some of the followingwould be nice:
* Direct experience with the Elastic Stack, or experience with one or more of the common use-cases for the Elastic Stack, such as application search, logging, metrics, APM, business analytics, security analytics, GIS, etc.
* Comfort working in a very cross-functional role, with a highly distributed, global team.
* Open source software and/or commercial open source companies.
* Experience with products offered both via SaaS and self-managed delivery model.
* Good sense for user experience and design.
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed... For full info follow application link.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. If you require any reasonable accessibility support, please complete our Candidate Accessibility Request Form.